“Quick get away with the wife on a buget.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Inn & Suites

Hilltop Inn & Suites
You added Hilltop Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Hilltop Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   373 Norwich Westerly Rd., Route 2, North Stonington, CT 06359-1516   |
Danbury
“Quick get away with the wife on a buget.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed there for one night but would have stayed longer. Great location about 8 min down the street from Foxwoods. Belisomo is next door for about 50 bucks more but why pay that. Room was spotless, comfortable beds and a shuttle. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
HilltopInnGM, General Manager at Hilltop Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Many of our guests comment on the cleanliness of the rooms. We strive to offer great value with the free breakfast, free scheduled shuttle and free wi-fi all without a "facilities fee". We hope you return when you have more time to spend in the Mystic Coast & Country area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Hilltop June 16, 2012 with friends. It was a great value and the continental breakfast was a big treat. It was great to take the shuttle to Foxwoods. The people who worked there was very nice and accommodating. The room was super clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. I will share your compliments on the staff and cleanliness of the rooms with the entire team. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Many of our guests are surprised at the wide variety of items offered for a continental breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at the Hilltop Inn with a few friends last weekend. The staff was very friendly when we arrived and answered all of our questions. The hotel has a shuttle that runs to Foxwoods late into the night (casino is about 5 minutes away). I agree with some of the other reviews about the rooms, everything is dated and old. The room was clean, but felt like a 1990 Motel. The next morning we checked-out and planned on eating breakfast at the hotel, which was included. There were a few bagels, pastries and cereal laid out.. we skipped it and hit up Dunkin.

I wasnt expecting much when I arrived, so the hotel worked out. If you are going to be at the casino for the whole night and need a place to crash, this place is fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HilltopInnGM, Manager at Hilltop Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful. We strive to provide great guest service. I regret that you found the rooms dated. We have replaced all carpets, mattresses and bedspreads within the past two years and replace all of the other bedding on a regular basis; however, your concerns are appreciated.

As for breakfast we offer make-your-own waffles, cereal, bagels, English muffins, pastry, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, juice and coffee. All of these items are complimentary to our guests during scheduled hours. Based on your comments, we certainly welcome suggestions for other items.
Bethel, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is an older style hotel. It has had some updating. The rooms are very clean and of a decent size.It is very close to Foxwoods and offers free shuttle service. They offer a very nice free continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Suffolk NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Had a nice time at the Hilltop Great value for the money. Much cheaper then staying at foxwoods. I choose this hotel because other rieviwes stated that they had free wi fi / internet but that was not true :( Other wise we would have stayed at the hotel up the street. Ok breakfast everything was average nothing to complain about all in all a nice stay

Room Tip: we got the a suit but it wasn't that great of a suit just got a big bathtub.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
idk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Few buds and I wanted to hit up Foxwoods on a Friday night, saw the rooms at the casino were >$300 and said nuts to that. After looking around saw that Hilltop had rooms available for $99 with a free shuttle to/from the casino leaving every hour until 2:45am. Sweet. Room also includes a pretty decent breakfast (hot waffles, fruit, bagels, pastries) and they have fresh baked cookies at night.

The room itself was pretty much what we expected and had asked for; 2 queens in a non-smoking room. Room and sheets were clean, as was the bathroom. Bathroom also had an infrared heatlight which was a nice touch. Heater in the room kept it nice and toasty, if not a little too warm (had to turn it off before we went to bed).

At any rate, I'd definitely stay here again. The hotel staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Typically when we go to Foxwoods, we stay on-site at the Casino. I decided to do a little price comparison with local hotels, and found that the Hilltop Inn and Suites was charging less for a King room with Jacuzzi than the suite I normally get at Foxwoods. I decided to give it a go!

Upon arriving, I thought "Oh no, what did I do?" I don't appreciate the typical motel style of walking out of your room and in to a parking lot (Especially in the cold weather!). Upon entering the lobby, however, my worries disappeared.

My husband and I were greeted by two incredibly friendly staff, and we quickly found our way to our room. Although it was smaller than I had hoped, it was sufficient. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the jacuzzi was nice, too! There was also a shuttle available to and from Foxwoods, if needed.

Prior to check out the next morning, we headed down for some continental breakfast, and I was pleasantly surprised again - hard boiled eggs, a variety of cereal and breads (bagels, english muffins, etc.,), waffle-maker, etc., All fresh and well-maintained with a nice, small dining area to sit and eat in.

I would definitely stay again, and I highly recommend the Jacuzzi rooms!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suite!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!