“confused!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Park Inn And Suites

You added Cedar Park Inn And Suites to your Saves list
Cedar Park Inn And Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   85 Norwich Westerly Road, Route 2, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
waterford
“confused!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about staying here after reading the reviews, but now I am a little confused, after a long drive, the front desk clerk Amanda was so nice and friendly, I had my daughter with us and Amanda offered her ice cream! She was so sweet, after we check it and went to our room, it was so cute, and very clean, the Jacuzzi was so relaxing, the bed was so comfortable. In the morning we went down for breakfast and again I was so impressed hot Belgium waffles, OJ, Milk, bagels and much more, this place is a great bargain for the price and we are planning on coming back soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Norwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I travel a lot in this area and this is a great place to stay. The mid-week specials are incredible and I save a ton of money as well as getting a clean room with great amenities. I am here right now on their internet, looking at my jaccuzi that I got with my free upgrade. I stay here all the time and the staff is just fantastic. They have gotten me great rates on cabs, refferred me to local attractions for a little sight seeing and the owner has a great relationship with many local businesses. I will definately continue staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay with friends and party this is perfect but if you are looking for a place to bring your family that is close to Mystic this is not for you. The location was fantastic but that was where it ended. The bathroom was entirely too dirty for us to bathe our child or ourselves, it took the office hours to find a TV remote for us, the two rooms on either side of us had a large group of people who were partying loudly until 430am and smoking cigarettes right outside our room non-smoking room which smelled our room up. I was reading reviews online while we were waiting for our remote and I did see that others had an issue getting a remote as well and with the cleanliness of the bathroom. It does seem like improvements have been made recently with the sheet laundry and ironing service, from what I read online but there seems like there is a long way to go....

• Stayed August 2013
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I want to thank you for your review, We have found the problem and have corrected it with housekeeping. We are on track , with new sheets and a great linen service that brings our new linen back iron and soft. We stand by our pledge to keep the standards that you can count on and we guarantee it. That is why i would like to offer you and anyone to come back as our guest to prove it.
We are a family hotel and even have family suites that kids love and keep coming back to see us! I am truly sorry that we let the noise problem upset your stay. We have install new noise policies and on busy Saturdays we are going to monitor this with an extra person .
We have also found the problem with missing remotes and have correct this also. Part of our 100% room inspection program has now made sure that all rooms have remotes for the TV's .I hope you think of us on your next time you are in our area.
John Syracuse ,Quality manager
Broad Brook, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked two rooms at Cedar Park on line for a weekend at the shore.
Upon my arrival, they only had record of one reservation I had made and not the second one I made for my parents (even after Kayak confirmed the #).
They did nothing to offer to help until I contacted Kayak. Rather then paying them the relocation fee, they said to go up the street, that 2 rooms would be there and that I would not need to repay since I had already paid them. When I arrived at the second hotel, they said they had rooms but that I would have to pay them (they had not received payment from Cedar) and pay their price which was much higher than what I had already paid. I spent 3 hours on the phone between Kayak and Cedar Park with no success!! Thankfully the second hotel mercifullly agreed to the original price. Their staff was outstanding. I am still waiting to receive my refund from Cedar Park although I have contacted them since that dreadful night.
They do not have enough staff to handle more than one phone call at a time!! I highly recommend to anyone to stay as far away from this property as possible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I am sorry for your bad experience last Saturday night . We were sold out and expedia overbooked us after we closed out our rooms with them. You came in with only one reservation. we kindly found you two rooms at one of our friendly hotels up the road for you. We arranged the same rate for you. This is why I always recommend guest to call us directly to avoid these situations and usually get a better rate and a better selection of rooms and sometimes free upgrades
Blairstown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place has potential - it's a cool property. But it was very unprofessional. Our air conditioning unit broke in the middle of the night and started spewing out hot air and making this really loud noise. The TV had no remote. Our room wasn't cleaned, even though we didn't put a do not disturb sign on the door. These things would have been almost bearable if the management had been responsive. They were obviously overwhelmed with the job and couldn't multi task. I kept getting a stressed out response...and then no action. Not really the vibe I'm looking for on vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
You are the same reviewer as ( Good Enough) I think you should have contacted a legal opinion before writing slanderous reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Pros : love the location , feels like camping in the wood. Quiet. Took a nap at 4 pm undisturbed. Tub was nice after we cleaned it. Small fridge
Cons: overall room condition not clean. Toilet had brown stains, tile from ceiling on floor in bathroom. Microwave buttons for door stuck, and no tray to put items on. Not useable as is. No HBO or Showtime about a dozen channels. Tub cracked areas controller worked but looks like parts are missing, not clean ( we did bc we wanted to use it). Shower, not cleaned. Floors, dirty. Need to be washed, kinda sticky, wore flip flops. Rationing toilet paper the second day, to embarrassed to ask for more, should be a spare. Went out n Bought our own. Night stands phone, clock very dusty I drew my initials on the dust and took a pic! One chair, no table. No wifi called about it I heard the girl ask what the password network codes were, the other voice said "no clue". they called back 20 mins later and they said it was "down". not good if you wanted to save some mb on your data plan! The fact that no one knows the codes tells me they never had wifi or haven't for a very long time. Furnishings are worn and dated. Sheets had black stains on them first night. They changed them the second night. We wondered if they forgot to change them between guests..from the room condition that is possible. Trying not to think about that.

The best part is definitely the quiet. The place has potential though aside from the cons list. A little effort in cleaning and people might not be so critical and overlook some things. TP issue is really not ok, room service was in but left us with about a third of a roll ( it's like Big Lots brand quality, so it goes fast). The place is not inexpensive so they should be able to find someone good to clean 66 units.
Paid 410 for 2 nights. That is about average for a decent place to stay in touristy areas. Like Hampton Inns for example. I would go back for the quietness but not much else unfortunately. I am not real picky but do expect a room to be turned over and stocked properly. That is not unreasonable. Reviewers warned me though so I wasn't expecting the Ritz!

• Stayed August 2013
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I want to thank you for your review. I am happy that you said you will try us again. You stayed on this past Friday and Saturday(August 2&3rd ,2013) and we had our new sheets( brand new!!!) put on every bed on Wednesday the 31st of July ,2013. I checked your room and you were the first person to sleep on the new sheets and pillow cases. We have hired a linen company that cleans our sheets and brings them back pressed. We do have WiFI and there is no code. it works fine. our new head housekeeper is inspecting your room . she would love for you to come back and see what she has done!! The TV in you room has 30 channels and a channel search was done on it and it has even more channels. I like you spirit and thank you and want you to come back also!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Exactly one year ago I stayed at this hotel. I had an excellent time. I had no reason not to come back for a second time- despite some mixed reviews. I can't speak for anybody but myself but this is my kind of place. I can see where it may not be the right place for the "princess and the pea" type of person. Because it's not an indoor, corporate style hotel where all the doors are lined up in a row, side by side, across from one another, and every single room in the entire place looks exactly like all of the other rooms. Again, I can only speak for myself but those other places are boring, dull and lack in the character department if you ask me. Lets think about what IS important. Like hospitality. Or amenities. Both times I've stayed at this place I've been greeted with a smile, offered a glass of wine upon check inn (umm hello- am I the only one who appreciates that?!!) and was even walked to my room! I've NEVER been greeted with such personal attention ANYWHERE else I've stayed at before. I am a single mother who loves to go out and enjoy the finer things in life with my daughter and/or friends. With that been said- every dollar counts for me. The more bang for my buck I can get- the more trips and adventures I am able to take. The fact that this place provides: A. Free beer and wine, B. grills to use (so I don't have to eat out and they serve complimentary BBQ'S for their guests. C. an inclusive 24 hour kitchen which now had a hot dog machine (that was on in the middle of the night- yeah seriously!) and D. Breakfast included! In my opinion hotels shmotels don't get any better. If you can't see the gem that this place TRULY is. STAY HOME. Because next time I'm there- I wouldn't want you to kill my buz.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!