“Great Place!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Park Inn And Suites

You added Cedar Park Inn And Suites to your Saves list
Cedar Park Inn And Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   85 Norwich Westerly Road, Route 2, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Great Place!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My Boyfriend and I booked a room last August for my birthday. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi tub. We had a great stay. The staff was very friendly. It felt great to get away for a night with all of the stress in our lives. We are thinking about returning very soon. It has been a tough year for us due to my mothers brain surgery and my boyfriends broken neck. Great Little place for the price. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at another hotel in Newport RI. I had a really nice time there for my birthday. While I was there the staff at the Newport Inn recommended that I try Cedar Park as well. I made reservations for this place close to a month ago. In the meantime I've read some mixed reviews. All I have to say is- I don't know why some people even leave their house. My stay at cedar park inn was pretty darn good. Like another review said "it's not the ritz Carlton" but that wasn't what I was looking for anyhow. I came for up for what I like to call a "DAYcation " with my daughter. We really felt like family there. The staff really was great. Our housekeeper introduced herself to us and told us to let her know if there was anything we needed. She did mention that they're working on improving the standards there. Although it didn't appear like they had much work to do on it. We had a great time. They even had a cook out that night- which was great. We didn't even leave the hotel. It's kinda like a little resort- they've got food- drinks- a jacuzzi in the room- an open kitchen (which my 11 year old daughter went nuts for) full of ice cream. I gotta say that the mixed reviews kinda threw me off before I got there- but let me tell ya. We enjoyed it and felt very comfortable! Give them a try- I dought you'll regret it :))

• Stayed August 2012
Uncasville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

What a neat place! Thanks to the excellent staff! FREE Transportation to the casino! ( just had to tip the driver) and Complimentary beverages while i roasted marshmallows in their little firepit on their outdoor patio. lol. Plus a FREE BARBECUE! Who does that? I had a really fun time! iT'S NOT THE RITZ-CARLTON...but, if you are looking for a nice inexpensive getaway with a whirlpool and a great friendly staff...Then this is the place to stay! REALLY!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lansing, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed! I'm not picky, but I do require a clean room. This place is not even close to being clean. It's also not a suite. It's just a room with a mini fridge and microwave in it. Neither of which were clean. Fridge freezer was frozen over, mold in the fridge, microwave disgusting, cigarette ashes in the nightstand, windows broken, bathroom door broken and would not close, shower fixtures broken, toilet not cleaned, trash not removed, floor not vacuumed, TV didn't work, burnt-out light bulbs, phone didn't work, and the worst part was the sheets hadn't been changed! They were filthy with dirt, sand, and unmentionables. That was my last straw! This isn't a hotel, it's a room by the hour motel! The representative on staff moved us to another room, an "upgrade"; it was a smoking room and we had requested a non-smoking room and this room also had another list of items that need attention. However, the sheets were clean in this room; that was the extent of good things to say about it. We had checked in after 11 pm and couldn't get our rental car until the next morning. I informed the front desk we would be checking out immediately the next morning upon receipt of our rental car and I asked for a refund of the two remaining nights. We left the next morning at 9:38 a.m. After much back and forth with them and Expedia, I still don't have my refund. We found another hotel nearby and paid again, but we felt comfortable there because it was clean.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before you book. Also read the fine print before booking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I want to thank you for the review. I am truly sorry for your bad experience. The first room you were put into was marked clean on our housekeeping sheet , but it was actually a dirty room. You came to the desk within 15 minutes of checking in and told us of the problem. We immediately upgraded you at no charge to out luxury room. We inspected the room with you and you agreed it was OK. You even commented on our new sheets that we just bought for the whole hotel that we are in the process of installing.I am the new manager of the hotel and I guarantee the best service that meets our new standards.Please call me directly with your next travel needs .
John Syracuze -1860-535-7829
Quality manager
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

After driving for a few hours thru torrential downpour, our moods were dampened to say the least. We wanted nothing more than to have a nice, warm welcoming room. We were greeted with the exact opposite.

If you read my other TripAdvisor reviews, I'm nothing but honest, and I'm really not one to brash a business/restaurant for being terrible. I'm fair with my reviews, and I'm being fair yet again..zero stars would be more appropriate, but that's not an option here.

We booked reservations in advance for one night...thank goodness for that. I rather dribble a basketball through a minefield than stay here again. And here's why:

-No replacement toilet paper
-No face towels
-Lack of towels overall
-Crappy TV Signal..with barely any channels
-Cobwebs, accompanied by, you guessed it!
-The pillows were as thin as a saltine cracker
-Mattress stiff...woke up with stiff backs

The staff at check in was really friendly..at least that gets good marks!

The location is also in close proximity to Watch Hill, which is good.

Please save your money, and ALWAYS do your research here on TripAdvisor first! I learned that the hard way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
greekva, Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I am truly sorry for your bad stay . I have to agree with you , But we are going to get better, or the best, Thats my job! I am new general manager ,
Call me with your next travel needs , Thanks John Syracuze ,general manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Im currently in room 141 and when my wife and I arrived it looked like a nice room but when I looked at the carpet it was not cleaned and there were crumbs all near the love seat and when I would go outside the railing was full of bird poop and I mean full of bird poop. I was disgusted to see this. I had no time to complain because I had to be at a family function as soon as we checked in. When we returned to the room I wanted to watch tv but when I tried to turn on the tv with the remote it don't work so when I went to bed I had to physically get up to shut it off. The next morning I went to ask the resorptionist if I can get a new remote and she said I could not because no one is here to fix it and this was a 9:30 in the morning. I would think someone would be there for any kind of maintaince. I ask her about the bird poop and she told me that someone power washes it everyday. So why was it no cleaned when I got there and why is it still there. I wanted to make coffee but where the coffee pot was I could not plug it in.So it was either go plug it in the bathroom which is gross or go down the street to dunkin donuts.Even if I wanted coffee the pot was dirty and had grinds in it from the last person who used it. When we went to the breakfast bar there was a person in there and she said this place has gone downhill. She was a frequent customer. When leaving the breakfast bar and going down the stairs the monster drink cooler at the bottom of the stairs had some puke like substance in it and it was gross. When you spend 300 dollars to stay some where to relax and have a good time you don't wanna see these things. Also they need to dust the pictures and clean inside the toilet because if you were to take a piece of toilet paper and wipe the inner lip of the bowl there shouldn't be dirt and poop stains there it's gross. This is just my opinion and I hope it gets address ASAP. There should be no need for a place to tell you to wait for something to be fixed.
Jacob G

• Stayed August 2012
Medford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My first trip years ago was a great experience. The property has declined. The staff was great. The room was terrible. Unlike prior reviews, I paid over $200. The first room I was assigned was not cleaned in a long time. The cover sheet had a large stain, the toilet had hair on it and was not cleaned in a long, long time. The floor also had a lot of hair, and other stuff on the floor. No phone either. The second room had a special room off the bathroom which appeared to be a water heater closet with no lockable entry from the bathroom, with beer cans stacked against the wall (in the secret room). The bedding was not clean, stains on the curtians and beds, room was not vacuumed with stains on the floor. The a joining room door did not lock at all. No remote control. The manager reception had two beers available for everyone, a wrinkled up box of wine and hamburgers and hot dogs to heat up. The limo service is gone. A van is available. I was afraid of the shower. No plates were available for the breakfast either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I do want to say that I am the new quality manager of the property, I was on vacation that week you were with us, I had hired some new housekeepers . One of them which is no longer with us . Was not cleaning her rooms at all. I do want to let you know that we wont let you down again. I would like to invite you back as our guest to prove it! please call me directly with your next travel needs. John Syracuze-1860-535-7829

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!