“Very Dissapointing” 1 of 5 stars

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Very Dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my fourth stop on the wine trail and I after I left I contemplated simply giving up on it. Johnathan Edward's ground are quite nice, not as nice as some others in the area, but nice. That's about where the complements stop. Their wines are ridiculously over priced for the quality they serve and tasting poor's are the lightest around. The staff was clearly overwhelmed and there was no personality in the entire place. I felt rushed, crowded, and like I had made a mistake in coming here. To top it off, the sales person pushed desperately for me to buy a bottle, I was quite awkward.

Visited May 2013

Somerset, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Lovely place to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been here several times over the last few years. Each and every time I love it more!
The setting is so serene and beautiful. The wines are simply amazing! My favorite part is having an outdoor tasting! This allows me to sit on the patio, enjoy my wine and the array of goodies I have brought to pair.
This place is a must if you are in the area! Pack a picnic and enjoy some delicious wine!

Visited August 2012
Franklin, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
“Incredible Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I can't tell you how many times I have passed the sign for the winery and wondered how good something in that location could be. This sunny and cool weekend, we were out for a joy ride and I said this is it, let's check it out. WOW! This place is absolutely gorgeous! The grounds, the house, the seating, everything was just picture-perfect! We chose to go with a wine tasting that included the signature glass to take home. The wines were all just that much different to present a true difference in wines. The patio had cute tables and chairs and you could look across to a nice lake/pond. There were groups of friends, couples, girls day outs and families! Families brought blankets and sat on the lawn with a picnic basket. I can't think of the last time I could recommend something so nice to someone. We cannot wait to go back and plan our day here.

Visited May 2013
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Wine tasting and light fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The wine was very, very good, however, the place was packed to capacity. Will definately go back a second time when there are no events planned so that we can experience the vineyard in the daylight.

Visited March 2013
NY
18 attraction reviews
“This is THE stop on the CT Wine Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great staff! Helpful and full of knowledge! The pours were a little bit more generous than the other Stonington Vineyards we visited! The grounds were beautiful. The tasting room was warm and inviting. There is food for sale. Take it with a glass or bottle on to the back porch and relax a bit.

This was the only vineyard where you could select 3 wines for one price or 7 tastings for a little bit more. We went for the 7. Also, there's a choice within the menu. YOU pick the 7 wines from a list of options. Love it! Need to head back for a festival!

Visited March 2013