“Pretty good for a nights sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stardust

Save Saved
You added Stardust to your Saves list
Stardust
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   544 Providence New London Tpk, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
new jersey
“Pretty good for a nights sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for New Year's Eve and we paid just $72 for booking early... I was told it was a mistake on the Internet and they honored the price.

We walked into the room to see few cardboard boxes stacked up and were told this is where the front desk person slept.

For a few hours of sleep I thought the price was great and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I would recommend a fan in the room as there is no air circulation. They had 2 portable heaters in the rooms as well ( didn't understand why).

Another thing was their uphill drive way had frozen ice..my brand new Honda Accord barely made it up. This was the only unpleasant experience I had at this motel.

• Stayed December 2012

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
mesa az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

A very basic small hotel about 45 minutes south of Providence RI.
The rooms are clean, access is one minute off I-95 and coffee is
ready for an early departure. The only complaint was that the TV
service included only one station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
stardustmotel, Manager at Stardust, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We would like this customer to know along with all of our customers, that we have satellite TV in all of our rooms. If for some reason you are unable to access all of the channels, all you need to do to is ask at the front desk for some assistance.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Stardust on our recent trip to Conneticut. We used the Stardust as our home base while we visited Mystic, Newport and Block Island over a couple of days. The location is convenient to local attractions and is affordable, it is easy to get places since it is right next to the highway. Every morning there was a nice breakfast variety, hot coffee and a hot shower. Friendly staff, clean & upkept.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a basic, but very clean hotel. The managers were friendly, warm and hospitable. I certainly would recommend this to the cost conscience. Clean is the key word. Although right off of the highway, you couldn't hear anything, which resulted in a well needed sleep. Located just 15 minutes away from Foxwoods.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Durham, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I arrived on Sunday and left Friday morning during the last week in August, needing to be alone for some rest and relaxation. Everyday, I picked a place to visit. It was beautiful weather all week, I went to Block Island, Charlestown Beaches, Westerly, Foxwoods, Wine tasting and the Jonathan Edwards Winery, and went birdwatching with binoculars in tow to 2 sanctuarys and reserves. I had a GREAT time by myself! THE BEST part was having a friendly safe and sound place to hang my hat at night. Jodie and Lynn were wonderfully warm and accomodating, truly nice people and my room was clean and comfortable. And their dog Gizmo is so cute. I loved this little getaway and I am sure I will visit and stay here again.

Room Tip: great 7am coffee and bananas!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Round Top, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nice place to stay - very clean room and a spotless bathroom. Rooms were ready on arrival. Located close to main road but quiet,therefore easy access to main tourist attractions - friendly staff and owners and friendly,well behaved dog! Would stay again when in that area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Booked the Stardust after reading other positive reviews and needed just one night after a family celebration. Our room was large and clean with a nice spotless bathroom. Small TV, microwave and fridge in room, no hairdryer. The staff were friendly (including the dog) and it was easy on and off route 95. Although close to the highway we did not hear the traffic noise in the room. Keurig Coffee with the weekend continental breakfast was a perk. Sitting outside our second floor room in the early morning, I was nostalgic for the days before there was so much traffic on 95, when the view toward Rhode Island could be more serenely enjoyed. A good value for the location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stardust? Share your experiences!