“My first time having Sushi, it was excellant and a great change from...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Formosa Asian Restaurant

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in North Haven
Cuisines: Asian
Orange, Connecticut
“My first time having Sushi, it was excellant and a great change from...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I am 54, and this is the first time I really had Sushi,
I selected based on what I know I like in seafood and the server was very helpful in explaining what each item I was considering was and how it was made.
You can order a Sushi roll or by the piece. It is prepared and plated beautifully and looks to good to eat, its very artistic in presentation.
I see one reviewer wrote, "Don't let the outside fool you" well its very true, it doesn't look like much from the outside but the service and food are excellent!!

If you like Sushi, you love FORMOSA!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

�G|ϗϨ�
“It is back to the old good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a sushi lunch an it was excellent. The ribs were n interesting combo of bar b q sauce and Chinese ribs . They have got their act back again with excellent food nod good service.

Visited June 2014
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Legit Tawainese Food in CT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This menu is big and includes sushi, etc. but this is a Taiwanese restaurant at heart. How do I know? I went there with my Taiwanese wife and she said so! Food was delicious and family style. Will definitely be back and highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
“Dont let the outside fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Most courteous staff ever and very funny. We often find ourselves talking to the staff forever about so many things. Very kind! The food is delicious and always warm. Prices are expensive but you are getting top of the line ingredients, good portions and everything is very fresh. Decor is beautiful and everything is modern/fusion and very updated. Sushi fans this is a must! 21.95 all you can eat and you never feel rushed or unwanted. I love these guys!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
�G|ϗϨ�
“Cannot keep going on past performance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Ate there 2 times last this week . Sushi first time was fair to good but definitely not as good as in the past. Went with friends 3 days later for Chinese food . Some was good the crispy duck was not crispy nor was it juicy. It I would assume previously frozen . The meals came out in drips and drabs over an hour with some of us eating while others had none. Their excuse was a large party I. The party room. This Is no excuse for poor service and a significant decrease in quality and inability to serve hot food. We have always loved this restaurant and been there many times. I suggest they get organized and beef up their quality if they want to maintain old customers .

• Visited December 2013