“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Washington Ave, North Haven, CT 06473 (Formerly Holiday Inn North Haven)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in North Haven
Meriden, Connecticut
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience here at the holiday inn. The service was great and the rooms were really clean.
The lounge was especially nice and the food was way better than I had expected. I recommend this hotel to all of my relatives when they stay in this area.

• Stayed June 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are excited to read that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with the staff. We hope to see you again!

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I went to the restaurant in the holiday inn called Harry's sports grill. I had read some of the reviews before I decided to try it and it sounded like I would enjoy myself. Unfortunately, the night manager was very rude(this was a Friday night) but the server(Sue) was excellent!! She was very friendly and always had me laughing even though she was very busy!! The food was good especially the ribeye. Hopefully the next time I go I will have the same server and different manager on duty. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you visiting Harry's. I am sorry that you felt the supervisor on duty was rude. The expectation for us all is that we will welcome our guest and customers into our hotel and restaurant just as you would welcome family into your home. I am sorry that not all of our team exhibited this behavior during your visit. We will review your comments with the staff and ensure that this does not happen again. We hope that you will give us another try so that we can demonstrate our true nature of hospitality.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stay here a lot and wrote a negative review the last time we stayed here. Since then they have given us better rooms away from the trains. This time we decided to try the breakfast. It was 13.99 a person and so disappointing. It was the same fare many hotels give for free. I was expecting a real home style breakfast. I can't believe they charge 13.99 for this. Don't waste your money. On the upside staff is warm and friendly. Room much improved. Just don't get the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the review. We appericate your loyalty. Please feel free to contact the general manager directly as we would welcome your feedback on what could be done to improve the value of the breakfast. We currently offer, eggs and eggs cooked to order, sausage, bacon, make your own belgium waffles, an assortment of baked goods and breads, yogurt and fresh cut fruit. Our price $13.99 also includes tax and gratuity for the server. We aim to please and would like to hear your detailed feedback.
Sag Harbor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Again the entire staff at HINH goes out of their way for clients and guests. I must say I am catered to time and again well beyond any other hotel in the north east. The food is great, there is always a warm cup of coffee available and even a treat at the sign in- outstanding persistence staff- commendable.

• Stayed May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

From the very moment you step into the foyer, you feel as if you are a most welcomed guest and nothing will be a problem. The staff members are so welcoming and friendly and genuinely concerned about making your sojourn here most comfortable and enjoyable. When one then meets the general manager, you understand why the staff are so kindly gregarious, as such all too rare qualities, nowadays, are a reflection of said manager, not that you would readily glean he is in charge, given his unassuming disposition.
Your favourable impressions of the establishment are further enhanced by the very generous welcoming gatherings on a Monday and Tuesday evening, where guests are encouraged to meet and discourse, while ingesting a libation and enjoying some delectable delights in idyllic, warm surrounds. The soire was attended by the manager, who treats each and every person, as someone very special and about whom he cares - ever so thoughtful.
If alerted to a special occasion, management will go out of their way to make that special time, an even more important happening and unobtrusively join in the celebration, again making you feel special.
Whilst the hotel is a certain distance from downtown, the offer and provision of a shulltlt car, with amiable driver, quickly solves this one could be mitigating factor.
The front desk attendants are also a delight, with their accommodating manners and approaches full of warmth and caring.
Being Australian travellers of independent travel plans, we have been travelling all over the United States of America for ten weeks, zig zaging from Los Angeles by bus and train, and this hotel and staff provided us with our most memorably favourable experiences, maiking all efforts and energies expended worthwhile.

Room Tip: Like you as a guest, every room is special. The room becomes incidental to the warmth of the place...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I absolutely love giving reviews for hotels that exceed my expectations. In traveling with my colleague this week, we were both struck by the level of genuine hospitality of the staff. From the moment of check-in both Shiraz and Dawn exhibited warmth, humor and a desire to make us comfortable. The conference :, Janis and Peter did the same. They went above and beyond what was needed. Both my colleague and myself can't say enough. It was a wonderful experience and I'm grateful to have met each person who Truly made us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2013
GETTYSBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had to pick my daughter up from QU college. I used Priceline and it was pretty much a crap shoot. I ended up with this hotel. Having stayed at a Holiday Inn only one other time in my life, I really wasn't looking forward to the stay. However, once I arrived, I was greeted by a wonderful Front Desk Clerk, the lobby was beautiful and updated. While walking to my room I passed the Exercise Room and Pool which both were modern and updated. Beautiful! My room took me by surprise, furniture was updated, new bathroom, and the most comfortable bed and pillows. I have to admit Holiday Inn (or at least this one anyway) has come a long way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. Hopefully we have earned your trust as a member of the Holiday Inn Family. We hope to see you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!