“Our third stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Washington Ave, North Haven, CT 06473 (Formerly Holiday Inn North Haven)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in North Haven
Washington DC
“Our third stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

A continued very good report card for this property. The late afternoon check in buy two delightful young ladies started the stay with excellent greeting skills and free water bottle as a PC member. The room was fine and comfortable. Very early Sunday morning breakfast service was great - terrific waitress and tastey food served quickly with free coffee to go.
I will stay here again. Location for my family and buisness doings is perfect. Easy on and off I 91 and CT 15.
Very good all around staff, comfortable, safe and good value. You can't beat it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HINHManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear Cmdr; Thank you for a great report card! I see you have stayed here three times so I appreciate that as I know you have a choice as a traveller and you choose to stay with us!

I am glad you appreciate being recognized as a guest who stays with Holiday Inns frequently with a cold bottle of water and that breakfast hit the spot.

We look forward to you staying again!

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

Great for my business close to New Haven and Hartford . The staff are always friendly and helpful. They now have a reception at night on Tuesday.

The bar has specials for food and drink and when doing business locally they have a free shuttle and pick me up.

I get a twix or snickrs at check in...very thoughtful. I don't stay over on fridays but would like to check out this feast at five!

• Stayed September 2011
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear LEVECT,

Thank you for sharing with Tripadvisor readers that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn North Haven. The staff and I take pride in the service we provide.

Funny you have the tagline "Location Location Location" as that is one of the first things I recall from college in Hospitality Management. But I agree we are right off rte 91 and only a few exits from rte 95.

On Tuesday evenings we are having a Priority Club welcoming to say thank you to our loyal guests. It is a good opportunity for me to put a face with a name. When you return to our hotel please introduce yourself.

The Feast at Five on Fridays can be dangerous as it is hard to walk by as an employee and not sample the great food at Harrys!

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Preston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We are staying at a hotel now which I will not mention but it made me think of our recent stay at the Holiday Inn.

Went with my girlfriend to attend a wedding. The building is older; but you tend to overlook that here because the staff are great! We were able to check in early which was nice as she got ready for the wedding--we got a gift bag of treats. The person at the front desk was smilng and joking around.

I went to happy hour and the bartenders were very nice ad friendly. They have a shuttle that took us to the reception so we didnt have to worry about drinking partying an driving. Had a good time

Breakfast was great and we hit the pool the next day. My gf even wanted pictures in a courtyard.

Overall this hotel made the wedding that much more. Was alot of fun! When she is happy I am happy...lol

Room Tip: The groom had a suit whic was much larger than our room--very nice and big.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear Gary H,

I am glad you were able to attend a friend's wedding and enjoyed your stay with us. We do give welcome bags for wedding guests and the convenience of the shuttle is appreciated by guests as one less worry.

The courtyard is beautiful in the Spring/Summer and Fall for pictures. I am happy you were able to capture some memories.

I am glad she is happy and therefore you are happy! Hope to see you again!

North Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed at Holiday Inn when we had to evacuate our house after hurricane Irene. I kept extending my stay day by day until it was OK to return to our home. The staff were so nice and empathized with me over my predictament. They went out of their way to make things as easy and comfortable for me as possible. We really needed some compassion and will be forever grateful to Holiday Inn, North Haven.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear twoColins,

I am sorry you had to evacuate from your home. It was a scarey time for many and for the employees being away from their home and families. I thank you for acknowledging the employees that were able to stay and make guests feel safe and welcoming.

It was a busy few weeks trying to help those we could. I hope your home did not have damage. And stop in and see us again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great stay for business travellers. Great staff, free wifi, even complimentary bottles of waters and snacks. May sound trivial but these small things tell me that they understand the business traveller. Restaurant/Bar attached to the hotel was good too. I will stay there again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard side room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Jpc1974, thank you for the great feedback; also enjoyable as a Manager to share such great comments with my staff.

I agree it is the small things that make people know you care. We do try to install in all of the staff that philosophy to treat guests as guests in your home.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

First off I would like to thank the breakfast staff this morning for an excellent service experience this morning (9/13/11). I was quite pleased with the food Harry's offered for breakfast in the early morning. The server's were very courteous and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Please send these comments along.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Jon A, thank you for the great comments about Harrys. Daily I have a "stand up" meeting with the staff reviewing the day's agenda and events and I share stories like yours!

A smile came over Stephen's face when I shared with everyone as he recalls speaking with you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments and we hope to see you soon!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Hotel is showing her age. Cleanliness less than hoped for. Stains on sheet, desk chair. DREADED HOUSEKEEPING coming into my room, so I avoided them with a DND sign. If you need a good location at a decent price, you will do okay here. If you're looking for swanky, this aint it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear MsSuitePeach, thank you for providing feedback. While we are an older property the staff and I take pride in the property and the guest service we give.

If at anytime you have Houskeeping concerns please contact any hotel's front desk and they will assist with a move to another room. I am not sure why you dreaded having them come into the guest room as the majority of the Housekeeping staff has been employed here quite a while and are trustworthy.

I appreciate you acknowledging our convenient location!

GM

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!