“Carslogie aparment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Carslogie House

You added Carslogie House to your Saves list
Carslogie House
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   11 7th Avenue, Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth 6001, South Africa   |
Ranked #5 of 39 Summerstrand B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mexico
“Carslogie aparment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I would like to comment the following regarding with the mentioned apartment:
•Port Elizabeth is one of the most beautifully places where I has been (I'm from Mexico).
•I have rented the apartment by 3 weeks, I never had any problems on it.
•The apartment's owner always was in touch with me.
•The parking was never an issue because the vehicle can be left at the front of the apartment without any problem.
The apartment owner have provided me one cell phone and internet wireless stick in order to be more comfortable on the apartment.

Room Tip: Check first the Carslogie B&B House
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

The apartment in the Bliss block of flats is an absolute gem! I am a frequent traveller going on business trips countrywide. I travel to PE on a regular basis and Carslogie guesthouse, and especially the Bliss apartment, is my choice of preference for accommodation in the PE area. A room in a guest house does not always meet the demands of a business traveller. The Bliss apartment is spotless clean, very comfortable, modern and located close to the beach. The apartment provides ample space for business purposes and is well located for leisure activities. It feels like home away from home. Christine, Kerry and the staff attend to every need in a very efficient, warm and friendly way. Sam is adding to the "feel good" experience when enjoying this superb hospitality during a business trip or a holiday. Annette

Room Tip: Privacy and spacious for business travellers
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We visit Carslogie yearly for our holiday because we can gaurantee an enjoyable time.Our room is large and beautifully furnished with its own patio overlooking the large pool and garden.We enjoy a hearty breakfast in the dining room adjoining the guest lounge which if we are unlucky to have a rainy day we can sit and relax reading many interesting books Carslogie is close to the beach and a golf course so plenty of excercise to be had.The staff are so friendly and our host Christine and manageress Kerri spoil us and look after all our needs.We are so happy sitting on our patio with a drink enjoying the garden and look forward to visiting again next year.

Room Tip: All 5 rooms on ground level with own patio .
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

My wife and I were very pleased with our stylish accommodation and nice breakfast. Room was comfortable and well-equipped, including free internet connection which worked well, and excellent value. Off-street parking and immaculate gardens surrounding the pool in a central courtyard which the rooms opened out onto. Our particular room was not air-conditioned but it was a comfortable evening. The home is also well-located near the waterfront and waterside restaurants and the airport. It was excellent value and we would recommend to all. Joe and Judith, Canberra, Australia

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
East London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I am an East Londoner and a ferquent guest of Carslogie for all my business trips to Port Elizabeth. When making a reservation I always ask for a the flat in Bliss. . . very spacious and neat. choice of a shower and a bath. Since am a sport fanatic I like the fact that they have all the Supersport channels! At some point I wondered why they are opting for white linen. . . but that doesn't bother me at all because it's always super white and clean.
In December I took my fiancée and my 2 lovely kids with. . . they had a nice stay. I re-arranged the lounge so my 1 year old could have free movement with his walking-ring!
Did I mention they also have a lockable garage!?!?
My last stay was on 1 April 2011.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
dakar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed in the apartment at the advice of the owner since we had requested space for our family with small children. We were led to believe that the apartment was a "luxury accommodation" and we were extremely disappointed. The room is ground floor on a busy road. There is no air conditioning and no cross ventilation (smelly!) in the apartment (felt like a basement apartment since windows were only on entry side of the apt). We had to sleep with windows open and traffic was noisy and disruptive. There was no internet, the appliances were cheap and bathroom was not very clean. This place was the end of our 3 week trip on the Garden Route and we stayed in MUCH nicer 3-star accommodations. We were so disappointed that we checked-out less than 24 hours after arriving and canceled the rest of our reservation. The owner falsely advertises this apartment on the website as "modern" and "beautiful". Would definitely not recommend this apartment!

Room Tip: There are nicer and better deals in PE!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

First time in Carslogie. We stayed in an excellent room with luxurious finishing. Beautiful bathroom.Satelite TV. Large and deep pool. All units (5) are around this pool. This might affect privacy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Carslogie House? Share your experiences!