“Excellent food and even better service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wood Creek Bar & Grill

Wood Creek Bar & Grill
3 Station Place, Route 44, 14 Greenwoods Road W, Norfolk, CT 06058 (Formerly The Speckled Hen Pub)
860.542.1200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the historical center of Norfolk, CT, the Wood Creek Bar & Grill offers a delicious lunch & dinner American Grill Fare. Try the infamous Buffalo Burger with mushrooms and Provolone topped with a crunchy Onion Ring. The French Chicken Breast is tenderly cooked with a crispy skin. Light fare such as soups, salads, & sandwiches, or try entrees such as rib eye steak or roasted duck. Full Bar service separate from the dining room.
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Huge "Cowboy Burger" that I had to eat with a fork, it was so thick. We also had fantastic thai chicken wings. The server was very attentive and helpful.

Visited October 2013

Middletown, New Jersey
“Great Town Pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were staying in Norfolk and stopped at the Wood Creek Bar & Grill for a drink and check the football scores since our inn had no televisions. Lively atmosphere in the bar. Decent wine list by the glass. We ordered the quesadilla with spicy chicken...very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai
“worst service I've experienced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to this restaurant because my husband & I were there 14 years ago (under different management) after our rehearsal dinner. We were excited to go back with our 3 children, my sister, mother & aunt to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived we were told there was no room for us in the dinning room so we'd have to look in the bar even though there were open tables. We went to the bar & found seats at the bar & a table nearby for the kids with my husband. We were yelled at right away that the kids weren't allowed at the bar & had to sit with an adult. After a long wait still without food, a small table opened next to the kids. My mother was told by the bartender that she couldn't pull the bar stool over to the table. (there were few people in the bar.) After that waitress/manager told us that if we weren't happy we shouldn't come back. I've never experienced such horrible service and definitely will never go back. NOT AT ALL KID FRIENDLY. ACTUALLY NOT PEOPLE FRIENDLY. Very disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooksville, Florida, United States
“A great steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We almost skipped this place because I didn't want a burger, but one night, rather than drive a half-hour we gave it a try. I am glad we did.

The smell outside as we walked to the pub was mouth-watering. Mmmmm. I can smell it now.

My wife DID have a burger that she raved about. The pickens don't matter much, but she was quite impressed that it was cooked perfectly, the hot stuff was hot and the cold stuff was cold. Almost like the Mc-something-or-other used to advertise.

The one shortfall during dinner was that my steak wasn't served as hot as it should have been. A timing issue, but one that caused the whiskey-butter not to melt.

Wine was decent, prices average, and sides adequate. I really appreciated that the waitress was attentive and our glasses kept full. She may even recall that I had a couple of jokes that landed a little flat ("my glass sprung a leak" prompted an inspection of the glass rather than a refill). Still, it was wonderful, and I look forward to our next visit.

Visited September 2013
rhode island
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was one of our surprise finds on a recent quick trip to Connecticut! We were only there for one night and wanted to have an appetizer before we went to a concert at nearby Infinity Hall. The staff was outstanding and immediately made us feel as though we were locals! The vibe from this place was so friendly that I think we'll go back just to see them again. We stayed for several hours just talking story with locals and visitors alike. Thanks Toni and the rest of your crew for making us feel at home.

Visited August 2013