“You'll want to come back” 5 of 5 stars

60 Grand St., Niantic, CT 06357   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 3 Niantic B&B and Inns
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“You'll want to come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina in early March. Have you ever booked a stay somewhere new and just hoped it would live up to the reviews you’ve read and the pictures you’ve seen? Well the Inn far exceeded our expectations!

We stayed in Nautilus, Room 13, in the Captain Clark House. The room is beautiful! The King size bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom has a huge soaker tub and a separate shower with a rain shower faucet head. I also like that the room has a sitting desk with a huge mirror on the wall over the desk so you don’t have to monopolize the washroom from your husband while freshening up - not all B&B’s think of this. The two upholstered chairs situated in front of the gas fireplace were the perfect place to sit, chat and snack on the goodies the Inn provides. They have granola bars, biscotti, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soda, water and wine – all complimentary! They also put out fresh baked treats after dinnertime for you to enjoy. Both the Main Inn and The Captain Clark House have their own kitchens/dining rooms where all of this is available to guests.

Breakfast is served in the Main Inn dining room for all guests between 8 and 9:30…very thoughtful that breakfast is available for 1 ½ hours and not at the crack of dawn. Our breakfasts were simple, but delicious! There was stuffed french toast, pistachio bread, omelets, various other baked goods, cereal, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. The dining area has double French doors overlooking the docks on the Marina. Even though our stay was in March, and there were no boats in the water, it was still quite picturesque.

The Inn Keepers and all the staff that we encountered at the Inn were very friendly and helpful without being intrusive – exactly the way it should be when you stay at a B & B. We wish our stay could’ve been longer, but will settle for coming back in the summer to experience it during a different season.

One more thing that needs to be mentioned, our room and the entire Inn were SPOTLESS, and I am very picky – great job!

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Foxboro, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband & I recently enjoyed our 4th visit to the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina, and nothing has changed ... WE STILL LOVE THIS PLACE! Everyone is hospitable, welcoming; everything beautiful, comfortable, delicious ... the view, the accommodations, the food! The atmosphere inside & out is breathtaking, even as the Marina sleeps awaiting the boats of Spring/Summer, and the flowers & greenery have yet to blossom with color. It is still so beautiful, peaceful, quiet, relaxing. Yes, it is "Simply the Best ... INNcredible!" and worth every memory we bring home to enjoy till the next time. Je reviens. RHljj

Room Tip: Amenities vary with Main Inn or Captain Clark House, but all rooms are comfortable, clean, attractiv...
Port Jefferson Station
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I where looking for an end of winter get away and found this charming B&B tucked away in a Niantic Marina. You feel like you are walking into someone's living room when you walk in the front door. The place is immaculate, and you are welcomed each morning by the aroma of fresh brewed coffee and wonderful breakfasts of hotcakes and omelets prepared by Lana. Dave and Sue are wonderful, gracious hosts who will help you find whatever you are looking for in the area during your stay. I loved the nautical theme throughout (I am a sailor) and the spectacular window views. Beds were very comfortable and if you plan to visit the Mystic area this is a great location. I've stayed at a few B+B's in Vermont and LI and this one gets my highest rating. Try it. I'm sure you won't be dissappointed. We are coming back in the summer to try some kyacking in the river.

Room Tip: Room #7 and #3 have outside balconies with spectacular waterfront views and fireplaces ; strongly re...
WINCHESTER, MASS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our first trip to Niantic but certainly we will return because of this wonderful Inn. I could ramble on about all that we loved about this place but will try be brief and to the point. Fantastic large and spotless room in the Captain Clark House -- #14 the Barque Eagle room. Super comfy king bed, soft inviting chairs in front of a warm gas fireplace, a large soaking tub and a separate shower that was, for us, the best ever. Downstairs there is a kitchenette with a microwave and a fridge stocked with soft drinks and wine that are offered free of charge. The staff is helpful and friendly and the owners, Dave & Sue, are so warm and welcoming that you leave feeling that you have just made new friends. And the breakfast? How about just plain delicious. One last note. Great location! You can walk to everywhere you will want to go to in town. We look forward to a return visit and highly recommend this place.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina to do a sleigh ride at Allegra Farms. Both were wonderful experiences. It was our first time in the Niantic area. We were very impressed with the Inn. We stayed in the Clark House which is adjacent to the Inn. Our room was large, clean and very comfortably furnished. The only disappointment was our view. We faced the river but the view was partially obstructed by shrink wrapped boats located outside the house in the marina. This would appear to be a seasonal situation and did not detract from enjoying the luxury of our room.
The innkeepers and staff could not have been nicer and more friendly. They did everything they could to make us feel welcome and their attention to detail to make our stay enjoyable was amazing. It was like having a personal concierge, providing restaurant menus, recommendations, things to do, etc. Breakfast was provided as well as snacks and beverages. All good stuff!
We have stayed in a lot of New England Inns and consider ourselves rather fussy.This Inn is right up there with the best of them.We recommend you give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina after doing a little research online. The reviews were good so we booked. Please note there are 2 buildings. We stayed in the newer Captain Clark house-- room 13. The Clark house is beautiful. Superbly decorated, clean, includes its own kitchenette like the main inn house. Room 13 was just what we needed. Gas fireplace, soaking tub, king bed which is very comfy! Loved the colors of the room. We took the inn recommendations and tried some of the local restaurants-- drinks at the Black Sheep before a movie at the Niantic Cinemas. Then dinner at Main Street Grill. All fantastic. We enjoyed the quiet night's sleep and full breakfast at the inn the next morning. The inn keepers and staff are very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely return here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina in December 2012 and was so comfortable that I extended my stay for two days. I was fortunate to have secured the Nautilus Room, with a view of the harbor, private balcony, fireplace and king-sized pillow top bed. I slept so well that I am going to purchase the brand of the bed when I am next in the market for one. And the soaking tub was perfect after the long drive from Washington.

The breakfasts were superb and I appreciated receiving special attention from the cooks on duty. Julianne in particular made the best omelette I've had in years!

All of the staff truly went the extra mile while I was visiting the inn, and made me feel immediately at home. I also enjoyed the freshly baked cookies in the evening - not to mention being encouraged to help myself to a complimentary glass of wine, soda, or bottled water in the lobby.

I have recommended the inn to my family and friends who stop through the New London area as a good stopping point during the long drive up to New England for vacations or work. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Inn at Harbor Hill Marina? Share your experiences!