“A Wonderful Respite; A Gem of a Deal” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fall "Inn" Love Package
Ranked #1 of 3 Niantic B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“A Wonderful Respite; A Gem of a Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina in December 2012 and was so comfortable that I extended my stay for two days. I was fortunate to have secured the Nautilus Room, with a view of the harbor, private balcony, fireplace and king-sized pillow top bed. I slept so well that I am going to purchase the brand of the bed when I am next in the market for one. And the soaking tub was perfect after the long drive from Washington.

The breakfasts were superb and I appreciated receiving special attention from the cooks on duty. Julianne in particular made the best omelette I've had in years!

All of the staff truly went the extra mile while I was visiting the inn, and made me feel immediately at home. I also enjoyed the freshly baked cookies in the evening - not to mention being encouraged to help myself to a complimentary glass of wine, soda, or bottled water in the lobby.

I have recommended the inn to my family and friends who stop through the New London area as a good stopping point during the long drive up to New England for vacations or work. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Bethlehem, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina is a great getaway for us. It's close by and we have been able to schedule trips on short notice. Service is great and we have gotten to know the staff. The Inn recently added a new building that has all the charm of the original building, but more upscale amenities. The area offers many things to do and the staff at the Inn are always willing to help.

Weekdays in the off season tend to be quiet, but that can be an advantage.

Its nice to come back after a long day trek to find fresh cookies and coffee waiting.

Room Tip: Balcony suites in the main house are the best.
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As a Christmas gift to my husband, I booked a one night get-away at the Inn. My only regret was not staying longer. We were warmly greeted and given a brief tour before settling into our room in the Captain Clark House. Room #10-Ashley Bend was wonderful. The high back sitting chairs were comfortable and cozy as we sat in front of the fireplace sipping on the complimentary wine provided. The spacious shower had us wishing the winter away for warmer weather to start remodeling and have a similar shower at home.To add to the festive feeling of the Holiday Season, 4-5 inches of snow fell in the evening, showering us with the biggest snowflakes we ever saw as walked down Main Street for dinner. The Inn's close proximity to several fine restaurants adds to the ability to relax without having to get in your car and drive.The Blueberry Stuffed French Toast for breakfast was the best! Sue, Dave and all of the staff make you feel welcome and at home. We are looking forward to another visit in the near future!

White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Inn last week and did the Babymoon package. We stayed in Room#12 which was gorgeous and very spacious. We had our own fireplace and balcony. Everything was clean and well maintained. We loved all the snacks and drinks that were provided at all times of the day! Our favorite part was the delicious breakfast in the morning and chatting with the innkeepers and other staff. Everyone was very friendly and made us feel right at home! The only thing I would do differently would be to come back in the warmer months to use more of the outdoor space.. Plus since all the boats were dry-docked, our waterview room became a dry-docked boat view! Looking forward to going back in the future!!

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed here on New Years Eve and will definitely recommend this inn to anyone wanting to stay in the Niantic area. The inn was picturesque in the snow and I imagine similarly beautiful in other seasons. We were warmly received and shown our cosy room (room 3) that maintained the cute nautical theme throughout. We had a lovely view of the marina and a warm electric fireplace. The kitchen was fully stocked with wine, soft drinks, hot beverages and freshly home made cookies! The bathroom was well presented and adequate. We did not have a tub as other reviews have stated.
The walls lack soundproofing and we did hear our neighbours upstairs but this did not inconvenience us too much at all. We were greeted warmly at breakfast by the inn keeper who made all his guests feel welcome by sparking up conversation with everyone during our delicious breakfast (Pecan french toast!).
I would stay here again, probably in the summer/spring, when we can enjoy walking around the marina and utilise the wonderful balcony attached to the room.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina several times and have always had an excellent experience. The rooms are lovely, we stay in Room #7 usually and it has a spectacular view of the marina and the ocean. Sue and Dave create a warm and inviting atmosphere with a lovely breakfast and snacks available during the day. We will definitely go back.

Seaford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here at least six times at different times of the year. Sue & Dave run a beautiful inn. The rooms are spacious and varied to meet most people's taste. Soaking tubs, rooms with panoramic views, fireplaces and snacks available at all hours.
The breakfasts are superb which may include eggs, waffles, cereal or lighter fare .
Dave is a bottomless pit of information of Niantic and the surrounding areas. He has printed up scenic drives, places to see and menus from surrounding restaurants.
Ample parking at the Inn and the other staff are friendly and helpful.
If you want a place to "chill out" and relax...this is it!

Room Tip: Two upstairs rooms have balconies in the main house.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Harbor Hill Marina? Share your experiences!