“Family Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Family Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The food was ok, but not terrific and overpriced. The waitress asked me how I wanted my swordfish cooked, that confused me and it was dry and overcooked when I received it. I ordered water and I was brought seltzer water. The fried seafood platter mIy guest received was dry and skimpy. I would not rush back.

Visited July 2014

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Bad service and bad food = very bad review.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The hostess was friendly and accommodating, but that is the only positive thing I have to say about our dining experience. My daughter ordered a burger without onions and was instead given a chicken sandwich with onions. The waitress apologized but made zero effort to correct the mistake either by taking the item off the bill (common practice) or even adjust the bill in any way. I ordered the "signature" salad which had sesame encrusted tuna I ordered rare. It was not rare and tasted like it came out of a can. I've had better salads at McDonalds. As we were preparing to leave, I heard a man I can only assume is the manager or owner asking other patrons if they were enjoying their meals. How I wish he would have asked me, but I guess we didn't rank high enough to bother. Out of consideration for my daughter who was terrified I would embarrass her, I kept my mouth shut and reflected my displeasure in the tip and this review.

A total disappointment.
Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Colchester, Connecticut
“More than worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Looking for a dinner spot overlooking the water, we found this inexpensive, competent restaurant by chance.

The sunny afternoon and the second-floor deck across the railroad tracks from Long Island Sound were a perfect combination. Our waiter was quick and accommodating. Our reasonably priced wine arrived promptly, and he took our order and apologized for the rolls not being quite out of the oven.

My wife ordered the fried fish sandwich and loved it. The crisp cole slaw had little dressing, so the full flavor of fresh cabbage came through. I ordered the signature Main Street salad with sesame-crusted ahi tuna (rare!). The greens and the noodles were crunchy and the tuna melted in my mouth.

Midway through our dinner, we got a basket of lovely, piping hot rolls, fresh from the oven.

We'll return for the friendly service, good food, and lovely view.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I used to frequent this restaurant almost every day last summer. Recently I have gone and been completely underwhelmed. The food is only mediocre, which would be ok if the service was great. Their new hires are awful. Prior to last night I had eaten there and had servers who clearly did not know how to wait tables. They are not friendly or professional. Last night I went there with my friends for dinner. After we sat I realized our table was dirty. I asked for it to be wiped down. They wiped it down but it was still dirty with sauce crusted on the table top. Our waitress was clearly frazzled. She ran over to our table and acted exasperated and as if we were an inconvenience. She stated that her coworkers were making her job more difficult. I don't think its appropriate for the server to talk to customers about other employees. She took our drink orders and after about 15 minutes returned with our drinks...missing two out of the three cocktails we ordered. She took our orders...still acting like she was too busy to deal with us and fifteen minutes later one of the missing drinks arrived. The third one never came. The food was ok but the service and cleanliness were not up to par. My friends and I are generally pretty laid back. We have no problems waiting, especially when the server is busy. But she was rude and clearly had no idea what she was doing. I used to look forward to sitting on the deck and having a relaxing evening, but I'm not sure if I'll return. Its too bad because it used to be such a great place.

West Hartford CT
“Amazing Chowder and Entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My mom lives in Niantic and every once in a while we head to Main Street Grille for dinner. Nice setting, great view of the water and EVERY time I go, clam chowder is on my taste buds. Chunks of clams, just the right amount of potatoes and great creamy broth make their chowder the best I've had in Niantic. And there is some good competition down the road. I have always enjoyed entrees from scallops to fried fish and my son gobbles up whatever is put in front of him. Great place for the family and the deck in season is a great place to relax outdoors. staff is very friendly and accommodating as well.

Visited June 2014