“The perfect, romantic getaway b&b” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fourteen Lincoln Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niantic
Fourteen Lincoln Street
14 Lincoln Street, Niantic, CT 06357   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Niantic B&B and Inns
Long Island City, New York
“The perfect, romantic getaway b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

I took my boyfriend here over Valentine's Day weekend. I first chose the place because of its close proximity to the casinos. We pulled into the driveway late at night and we weren't sure if it was the right place because it looked like we pulled into someone's private home or church. However, as soon as we walked in, we were very pleased to see it was indeed the B&B we had our reservation at.

The sidedoor opens into a cozy and inviting living room area with a fireplace. As Cheryl, the wonderful chef and innkeeper showed us to our room, we walked past the main chapel area which had been converted to the dining/tea area. It was so beautiful, with its high ceilings and tasteful furniture and art pieces.

We stayed in the Three Angels Suite. The room was intimate, had very warm lighting and I loved the little touches. There were handmade chocolates on the bed, coupon books for local businesses, and a little journal filled with praises of the place from people that had stayed in the room previously.

The bathroom and jacuzzi tub are clean and modern (and comes with very nice amenities), the bed was comfortable, and the place was quiet to our surprise - we were certain we'd hear people walk in/out of their rooms to go to the casino, but we didn't hear a peep. My boyfriend loved the place so much (his first time at a B&B) that we ended up going to the casino and then coming right back b/c we knew we'd enjoy our time at the inn more.

We woke up late and Cheryl still had food left over for us, despite the fact that brunch time was nearly over. We were sad that we didn't get to eat with the other people staying in the inn, but we had a quiet breakfast together alone in the main chapel area, which was just as good. We leisurely read all the newspapers they provided for us and ate one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time (fresh fruit salad, omelette with our choices of toppings, crumb/coffee cake, fresh rolls and fresh oj).

Cheryl gave us a little bottle of champagne as a parting gift. I wish I could've written in the journal how great our stay was, but I didn't have a chance to. I can say this was the best Valentine's day I've ever had.

• Stayed February 2005

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2005

We just returned from 14 Lincoln street. I have always preferred hotels to B & B's but this B & B changed my mind. Everything was perfect. The place is beautiful. The rooms are inviting and comfortable. The breakfasts are not to be believed. My friends and I were sitting in the parlor talking and laughing and the host brought out a light snack for us to enjoy!!
I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2004

We just got back from this lovely B&B. We've been to many B&B's and this is up there as one of the nicest ones. Our room and the rest of the place were beautiful (wonderful furniture, oriental rugs, artwork...), in addition to the elegant and tasty breakfast. Cheryl was a perfect host. Highly recommend this special and unique B&B.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2003

I stayed here with my maids of honor the night before my wedding and then the following 2 nights with my husband in August of 2002. We stayed in the Three Angels Room. I don't know where to begin to tell you why you need to visit this B&B.

-Very quaint- located off the main road with 4 uniquely themed rooms, -Tasty- Cheryl makes the most outstanding breakfasts (Blueberry & Cream Cheese French Toast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) -Visually pleasing- the rooms are decorated well, the concept of B&B in an old church is fantastic, the Van Gogh fish are so artistic and colorful -Fun! The atmosphere at breakfast was one of a big, happy family. The guests generally all dine together at one large table in the "sanctuary". We met some really good spirits during our stay.

Cheryl is the sweetest and most accommodating "Innkeeper" I've ever encountered. The little personal touches she puts into her cooking and decorating show her personality. When my husband and I returned from our cermony late in the evening we found Cheryl in the kitchen with some of her friends. She told them how we were newlyweds and the gentlemen proceeded to serenade my husband and I with an a ccapella song!

This is certainly the place to get away, relax, be romantic and have a wonderful experience.

Been to Fourteen Lincoln Street? Share your experiences!