“Simply Perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fourteen Lincoln Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niantic
Fourteen Lincoln Street
You added Fourteen Lincoln Street to your Saves list
14 Lincoln Street, Niantic, CT 06357   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Niantic B&B and Inns
NYC
“Simply Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

First, let me start by saying that we are incredibly picky travelers. And in all of our travels, we have never felt the need to post any reviews about our hotels, good or bad. But Fourteen Lincoln is such an incredible, undiscovered gem that we just had to share our experience. It all started when we were cheerfully welcomed by Susan, the owner, who was waiting for us on the porch outside and who immediately made us feel at home. And oh what a home it is. The website photos do not begin to capture its elegance or its understated opulence. We did not expect the impressively high ceilings, the beautiful artwork, or the elegant furnishings, and when we walked in we just stood there staring, taking it all in. Our room, Starry Night's Suite, totally surpassed our expectations. Not only because of how beautifully furnished it was (we couldn't help but take photos), but also because of Susan's painstaking attention to every possible detail...bathrobes hanging in the closet, crisp white sheets, down pillows and yes, even chocolates and a wine list by the bed. Most importantly, it was absolutely meticulous. The big jacuzzi tub in the bathroom literally sparkled, and there were fluffy white towels and complimentary toiletries that made us feel more like we were at an upscale hotel than at a B&B. The king-size bed was incredibly comfortable, and our sleep was only interrupted by the smell of bacon and Susan's delicious quiche wafting into our bedroom in the morning. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, it did. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, accompanied by fresh fruit, homemade cornbread and orange juice. All served by Susan, who exuded such warmth and hospitality that made it so hard for us to leave.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Fourteen Lincoln for a wonderful weekend...we will definitely return again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

It's the kind of place that leaves you glowing with pleasure. The Inn is glorious and the grounds are reminiscent of an English garden. I have had so many magical times, sharing stories on the wisteria patio, and dining in the beautiful dining room. My most recent visit was the most exciting. Susan cooked a fabulous dinner for foster teens that had graduated from a life skills program. Sixteen guests, all in awe of the ambiance and the fabulous food. I know I will remember that night for a long time to come, however it won't be long before I return again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
New London, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

New England is chock full of hidden bed-&-breakfasts, and its hard to stand out among the competition along the Connecticut Shoreline, but Fourteen Lincoln Street stand among the others.

From the outside Fourteen Lincoln Street is traditional New England Church, on the inside the comforts, amenities and little details make this old church unmistakably a fantastic bed-&-breakfast inn. Aside from the obvious comforts and charm of Fourteen Lincoln Street the service is fantastic and the food … where do I start with the food?

As a picky eater, who stayed at Fourteen Lincoln Street with kids who are picky eaters, there wasn't a meal where there were any complaints. The food alone would bring me back again when selecting a bed-&-breakfast along the Connecticut Shoreline.

-Steven
www.flyingwithfish.com

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Fourteen Lincoln Street is the perfect choice when choosing a small bed and breakfast in SE CT. I stayed there with my kids and it was lovely. The owner was charming and made delicious food for us. We were comfortable and would highly recommend Fourteen Lincoln Street to any friends/family. You will not be disappointed in this place!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wappingers Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Recently, my husband and I found ourselves back at Fourteen Lincoln Street. We were celebrating our anniversary, and decided to go someplace special. We chose Fourteen Lincoln Street. We had stayed there several times before, and each time had a very memorable visit. The brightly colored roses in the front walkway greeted us as we pulled into the drive. Susan, the owner, most certainly added to our visits. She is warm and inviting. Her suggestions for local entertainment and restaurants are right on the money! This inn is unique because it had once been a church. The antique decor throughout the inn is beautiful. The homemade baked treats offered as afternoon snacks are delicious. The breakfast Susan provides in the morning are scrumptious! We have recommended family and friends to Fourteen Lincoln Street and will continue to do so.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
lakewood, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Fourteen Lincoln Street is absolutely spectacular. Located in the charming ocean side village of Niantic, CT, the Inn is a renovated church that the owner has magnificently decorated with antiques and oriental rugs creating a warm ambiance that is elegant yet comfortable. I received a welcome, like I had been a friend of the family forever. My accommodations were exquisite. After an evening walk downtown and along the boardwalk I had dinner at a local pub. Upon my return to the Inn I decided to take advantage of the Jacuzzi tub with all its marvelous jets to relax and then I slipped into one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The first day of my visit I pampered myself and slept late. When I came out into the dining room I was greeted with a beautifully prepared quiche garnished with fresh fruit and served with homemade breakfast rolls - does life get any better! Every day Susan and her staff created wonderful breakfast items and afternoon treats and I enjoyed every morsel of them - definately not on my diet but I could not resist the gourmet creations.Every minute of my 4 day stay at the Inn was amazing and I am looking forward to a return visit. Susan and her staff are gracious hosts; attentive and dedicated to accommodating their guests. I truly had the relaxing "me" getaway that I needed! Thank you Fourteen Lincoln Street!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

Folks, this is absolutely the one of the most unique and best B&B's you could ever imagine to visit.
Imagine driving up to a romantic Victorian cottage-like church that has been ever so tastefully converted into a home-like bed and breakfast. Imagine period antiques, beautiful artwork, and spacious interior decorating that could and should be featured in Architectural Digest. Imagine a concerned and caring innkeeper who does her best to insure that you are comfortable, well-fed and cared for.

Everything everywhere is impeccably clean. We were offered fresh baked goods daily with individually brewed Keurig Coffee and tea. The smells and tastes of the fresh-cooked gourmet breakfast, right off the pages of Connoisseur and other culinary magazines, and soft classical and jazz music, greeted us every morning. The very spacious rooms have modern conveniences including jacuzzi tub, comfortable king-sized beds with newer bedding, fluffy white towels, and a small TV.
The innkeeper provided us with enough brochure information to fill our week and added her own personal favorite eating and tourist spots.

The entire house features walls of gallery space decorated with paintings by American Impressionist Artists. The 25' tinned-panel ceiling in the "sanctuary" is surrounded by 15' tall side windows. All of the large antique furniture is comfortable and invites guests to sit on, touch and use.
The innkeeper treated our friends, who stayed in a different B&B, as her guest, serving them fresh-brewed coffee and homemade cupcakes.

The location is perfect- easy walking distance to the boardwalk and downtown shopping.
For a romantic weekend getaway, personal peaceful respite, or just to experience an era of antiquities and hospitality that has almost disappeared, visit 14 Lincoln Street in Niantic, CT.

• Liked — accommodations , cleanliness, comfort, beauty, friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fourteen Lincoln Street? Share your experiences!