“Wonderful experience, would definitely stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Rocky Neck Inn
237 West Main Street, Niantic, CT   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Niantic
Pittsburgh
“Wonderful experience, would definitely stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Stayed at the Rocky Neck Inn over the holidays, had a beautiful king room, just re-done with kitchenette, TV. Is old style "motel" where you park outside your room, my favorite style. Deb is the manager, she was extremely accomodating and friendly and easy to deal with by internet or phone. Would definitely stay again, and this is by far the best choice of all hotels in the area. Very convenient to I-95, and directly across the road from Rocky Neck State Park, which is the beach. Kathy

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cambridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Close to the highway, walking distance to the Sound, Close to great restaurants, clean, well kept rooms, and recently fully renovated. The onsite staff started to recognize that I was a "regular" and introduced themselves. The new management is extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable about the area. I frequent the Inn for business purposes, but I am anxious to visit for a long weekend of exploring with my girlfriend. I would (and have!) recommended the Rocky Neck Inn to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

This is an old-fashioned motel. It was comfortable but not fancy, and the price was reasonable. It's located right across from a beautiful state park on the coast. Friendly owners.

Mass,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We have been staying at The Rocky Neck Motel for years and it has always been a good experience. This time was no different.The rooms are clean and everything we needed was provided. The staff was friendly and accomendating. Also, the prices are very reasonable. We plan on returning next summer.

ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

we were very pleased when we walked in , the rooms were larger than anticipated with a full kitchen. We especially liked the living room area, it was warm , friendly and a bit romantic. We immidiately felt at home. The Manager brought us candals and made us feal welcome. We will definently go back.

Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We stayed one night because it was close to beach. Other family members (including my husband) had stayed in the past and said it was worth it because it was inexpensive. When we arrived, my husband, noticed the office was different. The Inn is still owned by the same people, (they no longer live on site), but it has a new management team. While making reservations the office was very hot and uncomfortable and we were notified that prices had gone up. It was explained to us that the room we were going to stay in had been completely remodeled and that we would not be disappointed. The room was small, which was fine, but my husband was sure they had not done very much to the room. A few things I noticed: there was dust everywhere, one of the outlets was not screwed in and it did not have an outlet cover, the lamp that was plugged into this outlet did not work because the bulb was broken and the large burner on the stove did not work. I am allergic to dust, so I ended up wiping down the furniture. The chairs that were available to sit in outside were dirty and I ended up also wiping these down. If these small things were taken care of I would have written a better review.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

My wife two children and I stayed for 5 days while visiting friends in the immediate area. We have stayed at many of the local hotels surrounding the Casinos and have never written a review before but wanted to compliment the staff of this Inn. I was concerned about it at first because we alway stay at hotels. Susan that was the hostess was incredible. She sent out for local foods and delivered them to our room, arranged for transportation to and from the Casinos and more. My son wasn't feeling well and she arranged for a appointment with a local Doctor that saw my boy without any hassells of time. This was above and beyond the scope of her duties and she wouldn't take a tip. She said that that's the way they are trained to treat all of their guests. Hat's off to the management of this fine Inn. A throw back to the way it's suppose to be. We found our room to be clean and were close to everything. I regret that we couldn't be there during the summer because the Inn is directly across from the beach. Next trip. I've stayed in at least 100 hotels and can honestly tell you this was worth it. The best part? (besides Susan) the price.

• Liked — The hospitality was way above and beyond
  • Disliked — No down sides.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rocky Neck Inn? Share your experiences!