“Great food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Wilton, Connecticut
“Great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Really good food, only for breakfast and lunch. Do not serve dinner. Always have a wait during lunch time and the place is always too hot or too cold. Really tight seating, with plastic chairs or molded hard booths. It's too bad they don't spend a little bit on sprucing up the place, it would make a big difference.

Visited February 2012

Newtown, Connecticut
“Don't bother with this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I live in Newtown and had last been to King's years ago and remembered it as a good place, tasty food and good service, but kind of pricey for breakfast. I should have checked the Tripadvisor reviews before going yesterday. My complaint was not the service or the management, but the food. I made the mistake of ordering the Soprano, which was poorly prepared and arrived tepid, a pile of greenish muck. They don't know how to make scrambled eggs at this breakfast place! My wife had the pancakes, which were rubbery. The service was good, especially considering how crowded they were. $50 for four, plus tip.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Connecticut
“Terrible Service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family and I recently moved to the area and tried King's for breakfast, looking to make it our new family breakfast hangout. We went to King's for breakfast (party of 5) and had to wait to be seated. We were waiting for 45 about minutes when I asked the owner (not a suspicion, I know this to be true) what the status of our table is, only to find out that we were never put on the list!!!! We were then told that we would have to wait for a table--another 45 minutes?????? NO WAY! The owner was incredibly rude and not accomodating. He parks very obnoxiously and has absolutely no concern for customer satisfaction. I'm not quite sure how a business owner can stay in business with that kind of attitude. It doesn't matter how good the food is, which I heard is not that good.

• Visited September 2011
Connecticut
“We finally stopped going to Kings”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

...the service from the staff, owner included is just crap. As many have already said, they're rude. That owner does make a bee line to the till when you're ready to pay! The coffee is an issue, luke warm and really weak never mind it's hard to get a refill. The owners parking really ticked me off! Never again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“What happened ??? To our favorite place ????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

We used to come here @ 4 or soyears ago and had the best server who was there for years named Dina who also helped run the place. We found out she left about the time of our vist. That being very rudely said by a member of the staff I can say the food was bland the coffee cold and the server down right rude !!! We had to ask twice for morecoffee!! Not the to notch service I remember given before. Not what we remembered from the breakfast joint before we moved.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere