“Always a nice meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Always a nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love this little overlooked local gem. The food is tasty. Portions are generous. Establishment is clean and cozy. Service is great too. The Pasta salad with Gorgonzola is to die for and is a meal in itself, as well as leftovers for lunch the next day!

Niantic, Connecticut
“Always a great meal at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been here dozens of times and have never been disappointed. Nothing fancy, but consistently high quality in a freshly prepared meal or pizza. While I have tried several meals and daily specials, I especially like the soups, salads and pizzas. The soups and salads are freshly prepared and always big enough for two or three people. The pizzas are crisp and loaded with fresh ingredients and the right amount of cheese and toppings. I especially like the Gorgonzola salad and the sausage pizza with very little mozzarella. Ask Luigi to whip you up a pasta fagioli or a pizza of your own combination of ingredients or even a meal not on the menu. The bartenders are excellent, and the owner and his wife are always around. The meal are sometimes a bit slow due to the always heavy take out traffic, but the meals, the service and the price make it all worth the wait.

Visited July 2014
New London, Connecticut
“Never a bad meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great soups, sandwiches and entrees . Never disappointing.with a wonderful cheerful wait staff. The sausage pizza and Gorgonzola salad are terrific! Love this place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
utica
“big disappointment ,rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

we found this place 4 years ago, wife likes to come to rhode island for one of her vacations,this was the 5th and last time we will ever return, every other time was excellent,this time we stopped for something small wife had salad I ordered a sausage catcatoire pizza with pepperoni, not to hard ,waitress came back and said chicken or pepperoni,then corrected herself and said pepperoni,i said right though maybe she was talking about my wife's salad when she said chicken, food comes ,I think they must be using fresh mozz on the pizza, wrong it is chicken, finally she makes it back and starts arguing with me about it ,I say where on your menu is a chicken catcatoire pizza? I pointed sausage that is on the menu ,she huffed off not wanting to here it ,customers next to us even spoke up about how rude the encounter was ,I had to go to the bar and the bartender who claims was the manager on duty got in the middle ,waitress starts with I asked you 6 times about the pizza order and you are taking it home ,I reply with now your story has changed again from asking me 2 times too 6 and chicken till isn't on the menu,she fires back with I will take it off but your not taking it my reply I don't want it they adjust the bill for a salad and drinks that's it ,very unproffesional andrude last time here

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mystic, Connecticut
“Big Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After visiting a friend at L&M Hospital , we decided to have a late lunch. We saw The Recovery Room, and the menu looked interesting - falafel, gyros, Mediterranean -style salads. About 2pm, the lunch crowd was gone, and the place was quiet with only a few other patrons. I ordered a gyro sandwich and my husband had a Mediterranean salad. The service was quick, and the shop pristine, but the food was almost inedible. The gyro meat was cold and dried out and the salad wasn't much better. Everything tasted stale and leftover - and that might have been the case. When the waitstaff asked how was everything, I had to tell the truth , that we were disappointed in our lunch - that it tasted dried up and not freshly prepared. She shrugged her shoulders and told us that 'no one has ever complained before' Apparently I was wrong. But I won't be back..

• Visited May 2014