“Garlic,Basil.Tomatoes and Olive Oil” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New London, Connecticut
“Garlic,Basil.Tomatoes and Olive Oil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

These basic four ingredients are the essentials needed/used in Italian-Mediterranean cuisine.The recovery Room Restaurant uses them to perfection. When they are combined with pasta,pizza dough and seafood etc. they become creative tasty meals.I'm one for seeking out these hearty and delicious dinners esp.during this dreadful cold rain and snow season. A major plus that brought me over the top was when I placed an order for a particular dinner,then 2 minutes later I saw another meal being served at the next table. Of course, I had to have what they were having. The server never flinched at my capricious nature.She changed my order with a smile and a response " That does look really good doesn't it..." Here is a place where "Taste is Everything" along with a great attitude.I've been back several times.Always a pleasure! James M.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Mystic, Connecticut
“not up to their usual standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

we ordered 3 pasta fagioli, one came, two were sent to another table. there was all fagioli and no pasta could be found. the others had a 5 minute wait for their soup. the restaurant was out of two of their menu items--the asian dumplings and one of their pasta dishes. one of our party asked for linguini with their seafood pasta. was asssured they had it, then served spaphetti. they would not do it over. the other dishes were good. no more separate checks for parties over 6--we had 5 couples. don't know what was going on between the kitchen and the waitstaff that day and they were not super busy. maybe there is a new chef?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape May, New Jersey
“A good place to get a quick lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been to the Recovery Room about six or seven times and have found it to be very consistent and good! The pizza's are a favorite as well as the homemade soups. The burgers are excellent also. Can't comment on the bar as I don't drink. Service was always excellent!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New London, Connecticut
“Run, don't walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a preview tonite of a new salad, goat cheese with pistachios and field greens. Super-yum! We love our neighborhood bistro any night of the week!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Horrific first and last time!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This place came recommended.My girlfriend and I walked in decided to sit at the bar. The mid-aged RUDE woman working the bar stood there with her back turned for a good 5 minutes texting on her phone. Needless to say we are on our lunch hour then she proceeded to cash out two takeout orders we were finally acknowledged I had got a soda water and my friend got a coke I was so disgusted when I noticed she used her hand to scoop my ice into my glass. At this point I wanted to leave but was so hungry and had a long day ahead. We asked her what was the most popular salad she said THERE ALL GOOD and then continued to text. We each choose the chop pasta salad and a foccocia bread my salad was good my friend took one bit and bit into what seem like sand bad batch of lettuce we were toldso she took one Togo lunch hr up. She was still charged for her salad. I ran to the bathroom before we left when I heard a older man speaking so rudely to the waitress the poor girl was almost in tears not acceptable. (With a full dining rm) come to find out he was the owner and the woman was the manager I couldn't believe the unprofessional atmosphere that I experienced never again take a business run the business!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere