“Healthy lobsters” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Healthy lobsters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is like a giant picnic in a lovely spot. BYOB. Lobster well prepared. We sipped our own wine as the sky turned dark blue and lights reflected on water and sailboats moored beside us.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Spokane, Washington
“Lobster Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I grew up in New London but have been living in the west for a long time. Lobster is scarce where I live now and usually frozen and not very good. So, I knew that Lobster would be my first choice at Captain Scott's. I had the lobster shore dinner which included a one and a quarter pound boiled lobster, cole slaw, corn on the cob and a choice between fries or red potatoes. I chose the potatoes. Lobster is at market value which means expensive (this dinner was $18). That's still less expensive than other places. It was absolutely divine. I also had chowder and clam fritters. The fritters were fine but not as good as those that I used to get in my youth at Ocean Beach. There is a choice of Rhode Island (clear) or New England (creamy) clam chowder. I always choose New England. It was excellent and was obviously homemade. The seating is on picnic benches outside. It is always really crowded. I recommend having someone in your party order and someone else find a table.

Visited July 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Next time, the cold lobster salad roll?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arrived at lunchtime on a Tuesday. The line was long but moved quickly. The wait for the food was short. Service was friendly. The purpose of our visit was to try their hot buttered lobster rolls. We also ordered New England style clam chowder and corn on the cob. The lobster rolls fell a bit short of our expectations. There was plenty of lobster meat but the butter seemed to have run off the meat and settled into the bottom of the hot dog roll leaving it soggy and the lobster meat somewhat dry. It also lacked the sweetness we are accustomed to in a boiled lobster. The chowder had a thin broth/cream base that I like. My husband prefers the thicker base. The chowder had lots of diced red potatoes but the pieces of clam were few and chewy. Corn on the cob was sweet and tender. We finished our meall with creamy Richardson's ice cream available in several flavors. Dining is at picnic tables in the sunny or shaded area of the dock.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“My very first Lobster Roll!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were picking up my nephew from the Coast Guard Academy and staying in the area, so I researched where to get a lobster roll as I had never had one. Captain Scott's was highly rated so we decided to give it a go. It's a no frills outdoor place where you sit along the dock and order your food from a window. I loved it. And I loved the lobster roll. I don't have any other experiences to compare it to, but the lobster was very fresh and the roll was as well. I would pass on the clam fritters next time. They were like hush puppies with a miniscule piece of clam in them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, CT
“Good seafood shack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

There's a reason there's usually a long line at the food window. It's because the food is very good. The lobster rolls are excellent. The fried food is fried right. Bring your own beer or wine. Seating is outdoors, either open air or under a pavilion. It's between a boat dock and a train track. Prices quite reasonable. Very friendly atmosphere, staff as well as fellow diners.

Visited July 2013