“Clean, Convenient, and Nice Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 Colman Street, I-95 at Frontage Road, Exit 82-A/83, New London, CT 06320-2605   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New London
E.Greenbush, NY
“Clean, Convenient, and Nice Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

Stayed 2 nights at the Red Roof in New London.
The room was very clean and everything was in working order.
Close to I95 but the room was very quiet for sleeping.
Comfortable bed and nice hot shower.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Lots of places to eat in the area, especially "The Shack" in Waterford. Large area to walk my dog in. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed November 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Long Island NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Our stay at the Red Roof Inn in New London Ct. was a great experience. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit nervous and didn't know what to expect. We reserved a room for a 2 night stay for a weekend getaway (my fiance and I) to go to the seaport, casinos, etc. etc. The hotel was conveniently located 4 minutes from the ferry. Upon arrival, check in was very quick and easy and desk clerk was very friendly.... she informed us that our room had just been carpet cleaned as well as the rest of the hotel rooms (we saw the carpet cleaning truck on premises) so right away that was a plus for me. We got to our room to find an extremely CLEAN and what looked to be newly renovated room. We immediately turned on the AC to find it not working, went to the desk and immediately a worker came to the room with me... informed me it was an older unit, appologized for any inconvenience and said he would replace it right away. To my suprise the man returned in LESS THAN 10 MINUTES with a brand new air condtioner right out of the box, I couldn't belive it!!! What great service!!! Before he left he asked and gave us some more towels!! Room was very clean, bed very comfortable, I slept like a baby (and I don't sleep well away from home) It was very quiet at night no noise from highway or no "thin walls" as I had read on previous reviews. Refrigerator was very nice size and microwave worked great, we were able to prepare our own frozen breakfast in the morning. No coffee in room, but there was coffee all day in office. Even though there is no hair dryer, I didn't mind brought my own. Car was safe in parking lot and did not see anybody walking around parking lot at night. Overall for the low price it was wondeful. I could have paid much more at a pricier hotel and not have gotten such great service or cleanliness!!! Please do not believe any bad reviews out there. I would definetely stay at Red Roof New London again without a doubt and would highly recommend this hotel. We were in a business king room with king bed and desk. It was great!!! All employee's helpful and friendly!! Thank you Red Roof Inn!!!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no coffee in room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

I do not recommend this hotel. I rented a group of rooms for wedding guests and was very disappointed with the lack of cleanliness, shabby conditions and poor receptionist service. I paid a premium because the stay was during the week after Labor Day, which made the experience that much more disappointing. We had difficulties with transportation that required me to call the police station in a neighboring town to determine where one of our vehicles was broken down, and after rousing the receptionist from sleep, I was given the wrong number. She claimed she could not get me the number of the correct police department. Evidently the hotel does not have a phone book or internet access to a phone book web site.

This hotel should not be rated in the top three hotels for this area.

• Liked — Bed was reasonably comfortable but not exceptional
  • Disliked — Poor service and physical condition
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

The hotel was neat and plain. One thing I learned on our east coast trip was the value of in-room wireless internet. This Red Roof Inn has it. But it didn't have much more in the way of perks (i.e. no pool, no free breakfast, etc.). But it was close to the Coast Guard Academy and downtown New London. The hotel was comfortable and quiet. The guy at the front desk who checked us in was very nice and accommodating. When our first non-smoking room smelled like smoke, he quickly moved us into another that didn't smell as much like someone had been chain-smoking in it. We also were able to get a hair dryer from the front desk. The location was tucked away and pleasant. We stayed in our room for two nights and enjoyed New London.

• Liked — Clean and quiet with internet service
  • Disliked — Absolutely no perks
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

We were going to see a show at Mohegan Sun on a Saturday night. Decided late in the planning to stay over. There was nothing available at MS or any place close. Ended up here. We checked in and drove to the Sun, it was closer than I expected, about 15 minutes. As for the room, it was very clean, a nice comfortable bed. Fridge, microwave and working desk in room. Bathroom very small. Decent water pressure. Amenities were lacking. One small packet of shampoo, barely enough for two people. Bar of soap and that was it. Towels were a little rough. Room rate was $119 + tax, probably the best rate in the area. If you just need a room to crash in after a night in MS, this will do the trick.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed here last week for my son to be on time for an early morning college interview. It was right next to I-95, but I asked for and was given a quiet room facing the inner parking court. It did not have a hairdryer, fancy amenities or an iron, but it more than met our needs at about $80 for the night. Clean and spacious with two big beds, a large TV, lots of hot water with good water pressure and good lock on the door. I felt safe and we slept well. I would stay there again.

A few years ago after missing the last ferry home, I had a terrible experience when I stayed at different, budget motel near New London. It was part of a nationally advertised chain, but the place was a dump. It had thin curtains that could be seen right through, a broken lock on the door and its chain closure had been ripped off. I braced the door closed with a chair wedged underneath the knob after I learned it was the only room available. I sat up all night watching that door - hence my interest in safety at a budget motel.

• Liked — low cost & cleanliness
  • Disliked — would have liked an iron
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

There were half eaten cookies left under the bed, and hairs on the bedsheets. Enough said. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!