“Great quality for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

You added Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 Colman Street, I-95 at Frontage Road, Exit 82-A/83, New London, CT 06320-2605   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New London
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great quality for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed one night, and found it to be a very nice for the price. They do not offer breakfast. The room had new flooring and what seemed to be radiant heat, which was quite comfortable. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were very firm, and I really wished I had brought my own. We were there in a snow storm, and they kept the parking lot cleared during the night. We were able to get out without any problem early in the morning. I left my Kindle in the room and they promptly mailed it to me for $6, which was terrific.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear JannieLouise,

Dear CAROLEANN COOKINHAM,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

GM Dmitry Zibershteyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Agawam, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

i found this place on Trip Advisor and, after reading teh reviews, decided to give it a try. I was a little leary at first as I once stopped at a 'questionable' motel chain during travel and vowed never would I stay at anything under a 3 star again. I won tickets to a concert at Mohegan right after Christmas however and didn't want to pay too much for a place to stay the night. SO GLAD I read and went with the reviews on here! The room was large and clean! we were only staying a night but there was a firdge and microwave in there as well --- would certainly stay here again if I need a room in the area!
Thank you Red Roof in for providing a place for us to lay our heads the other night. And thank you Trip Advisor for helping me with my decision!

The rate was perfect, the room perfect and the staff very friendly!

Room Tip: great low rate for a clean room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Danylek,

Dmitry Zibershteyn
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The price was right for this nice property. We had a King room with refrigerator and microwave. It was decorated simply, but had been renovated recently. Good location for New London, Mystic, Connecticut casinos, southwestern Rhode Island. It is a bit off the beaten path, but near the interstate. The property exterior was pretty well-kept and we felt safe at all times.

Dear 513555,

Thank you for your recent review regarding Red Roof Inn New London CT . We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your pleasant stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff, as reinforcement to keep up their excellent customer service. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Have a great day.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Red Roof Inns when we travel as we appreciate their pet friendly policy and that they are very good about offering a military discount. We stayed at this property 2 nights, while spending time at the sub base where my husband used to be stationed. It is a very quiet location, we felt very safe and the room was very clean. Everything was in good working order and the maid did a fine job in keeping the room clean during our stay. My only complaint would be the mattress, it slept like it was well past it's useful life, and upon inspection looked broken down at the corners. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay and a good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear SouthwestTravelers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that we are consistently delivering great guest service, and this review will be shared with the entire staff so they will know their efforts are being noticed! We look forward to serving you in the future, and you have a great day.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

From the outside, this Red Roof Inn is not much to be desired. It's in a difficult location and the surrounding area is just blah. However, the staff was very nice and helpful, and there was coffee and tea in the lobby. The rooms were recently renovated and were SO NICE! We had a new flat screen TV and it was very clean and tidy.

I didn't like the added $10 fee for the fridge and microwave. However, I would say, it was definitely worth the price. Plus they gave us a 15% off coupon for a future stay at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chloe M

Thank you so much for your comments about our front desk staff! I am absolutely proud to have such a great team working for me here and consider our hotel very lucky. We do our best to welcome all types of guests to our hotel and we very much appreciate that we were able to provide you with such a pleasant stay.
I hope that the next time you visit the area that we will be able to provide you with an equally enjoyable stay.

Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a recent weekend trip to CT, and I was very surprised how much it has improved since my last stay a few years ago. The rate was very, very reasonable, and the room itself was nice. It had clearly been upgraded- new flat screen TV, new linens, even the bathroom looked to be renovated. It was very close to I-95, but we didn't hear any noise from the passing traffic during our stay. The bed wasn't very soft at all, but it was only one night, so we made do. And, yes, the entrance is a little odd, but it's just tucked off the main road.
Overall it was a great deal and I would surely stay there the next time I'm back in CT.

Room Tip: do request a room on the second floor
Dear Matanda28,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip through the area. We do our best to welcome all types of guests to our hotel and we very much appreciate that we were able to provide you with such a pleasant stay.

We are glad you liked the look of our new remodel as well!
I hope that the next time you visit New London CT you will keep us in mind!

Liberty, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and not the worst we've seen when we've had to stay at a place in a pinch. We did notice squalid costumers that appeared to be living at this inn. It was only a one night stay, and uneventful. We were given the wrong information in regards to cab service to the Mohegan Sun casino, we were told it was a $30.00 round trip, and turned out to be nearly $80.00. Not sure we'll stay there again, probably not.

Dear Mister2528,

Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback of our property.We are very glad to know that we can provide excellent service and clean rooms.
I am truly sorry to hear your issues with the Taxi over charge.
It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments.

GM Dmitry Zilbershteyn

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!