“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 Colman Street, I-95 at Frontage Road, Exit 82-A/83, New London, CT 06320-2605   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in New London
Perkasie, PA
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We recently stayed while visiting our son in Groton. This was our first stay at a Red Roof. We were pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay again. Front desk staff were very helpful. Room was very clean, a little on the small side compared to other hotels, but definitely not a negative!

Alot of places to eat around the hotel and very convenient to I95. If you get coupon book at the rest areas there is a nice coupon for the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Scrapbooker

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I were traveling and ended up off the beaten track, by the time we realized it all the lodgings in the area were booked.We started going through the phone book and got the Red Roof inn. They had a cancellation but it was for a small King room.When we got to the property it truly was a small room Big Bed and not much else,as we were looking to stay for a few nights the Desk Clerk gave it to us for a really good rate wich allowed us to gamble a little bit more money At Foxwoods. This Place is a diamond in the rough , it's kind of hidden right off of I-95 but it has great beds clean rooms good value and is close to all of the attractions in the Mystic/Groton/New London Area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ticon2005

West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I need a place to stay when in town for a family function, booked this last minute at a decent rate. The place was mostly clean, but I was disappointed with the bathroom. The shampoo was an already used bottle. There was no shower liner, just a curtain, so the entire bathroom and part of the room flooded when I used it. The shower looked unused in a while as there was a spider living in the drain. When trying to turn on the shower, the pipes moved out of the wall, a little unnerving.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Fiships,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mystic New London Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in room 149. The beds were itchy. It kind of felt like things were crawling. This place allows pets, so it could've been a pet has been in the bed (gross) with parasites...or a person. I don't know. The itching and crawling feelings stay on you though.
Other than that, this would've been an okay place overall, although you need to lock your doors because there are loud neighbors, and shady characters (constant knocking on the room next to me as a gang of people kept coming and going, sometimes knocking on my door by mistake).
There was a hair dryer and a tv (and a safe oddly enough), no microwave though. I will not be staying here again because the bed factor and pets in the rooms (some places smell like dog though mostly it was clean if you don't count the bed issue).
I recommend Rodeway Inn in Waterford; never had an issue with them. Tried something new here and regret it.

• Stayed January 2013
Dmitry Z, Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mystic New London Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

Dmitry Zibershteyn
E.Greenbush, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for one night in January 2013. Convenient to I95 but very quiet considering how close.
All employees I encountered were very pleasant. Room was clean, especially the tiled floor, much better than dirty carpets in some motels. Lots of places to eat in the area.
Will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Room 152 was in the back with a king size bed and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Sibemom,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went to see Coldplay at Mohegan Sun and there was a blizzard and the roads were horrendous Mohegan Sun was $697/per night Red Roof Inn was $64 very clean and comfortable would have to had white knuckle it home to Boston a LIFE SAVER

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear RobertM1951,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

They are very friendly and and anything u need they do there best to help u I would stay here again and recommended this to anyone that comes to new London when coming in they are welcoming and any questions u may have they answer or will find the answer rooms are very clean and great rates to anyone

• Stayed December 2012
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear purplesmurf,

Red Roof Inn Mystic-New London, CT

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!