“Would be good if beds weren't itchy...Bedbugs?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 Colman Street, I-95 at Frontage Road, Exit 82-A/83, New London, CT 06320-2605   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in New London
“Would be good if beds weren't itchy...Bedbugs?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in room 149. The beds were itchy. It kind of felt like things were crawling. This place allows pets, so it could've been a pet has been in the bed (gross) with parasites...or a person. I don't know. The itching and crawling feelings stay on you though.
Other than that, this would've been an okay place overall, although you need to lock your doors because there are loud neighbors, and shady characters (constant knocking on the room next to me as a gang of people kept coming and going, sometimes knocking on my door by mistake).
There was a hair dryer and a tv (and a safe oddly enough), no microwave though. I will not be staying here again because the bed factor and pets in the rooms (some places smell like dog though mostly it was clean if you don't count the bed issue).
I recommend Rodeway Inn in Waterford; never had an issue with them. Tried something new here and regret it.

• Stayed January 2013
Dmitry Z, Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mystic New London Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,

Dmitry Zibershteyn

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
E.Greenbush, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for one night in January 2013. Convenient to I95 but very quiet considering how close.
All employees I encountered were very pleasant. Room was clean, especially the tiled floor, much better than dirty carpets in some motels. Lots of places to eat in the area.
Will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Room 152 was in the back with a king size bed and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Sibemom,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went to see Coldplay at Mohegan Sun and there was a blizzard and the roads were horrendous Mohegan Sun was $697/per night Red Roof Inn was $64 very clean and comfortable would have to had white knuckle it home to Boston a LIFE SAVER

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear RobertM1951,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

They are very friendly and and anything u need they do there best to help u I would stay here again and recommended this to anyone that comes to new London when coming in they are welcoming and any questions u may have they answer or will find the answer rooms are very clean and great rates to anyone

• Stayed December 2012
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear purplesmurf,

Red Roof Inn Mystic-New London, CT
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was our 3rd stay, as before it was fine. This is not a luxury hotel so don't expect anything fancy but it is clean and safe and the staff are pleasant.

We stay in the king smoking rooms, have been in accessible & not accessible. They have plenty of room, a fridge, a microwave, a workspace. The TV wasn't flat screen but we were able to watch football!

WiFi was slow, tech support advised us to start in Internet Explorer even if we switched browsers once connected and that really helped.

There are a few places nearby that deliver & an Outback just across the street. My fiance is working in New London & we needed a place to hole up for a weekend visit, this place is perfect for that.

They do get funny about the $1.50 a day "optional" charge for the safe. You can only waive it at checkout, so you'd have to check out in person & then decline the charge. The rooms have always been reasonable, the charge just seems forced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear 4RLL,

At Red Roof Inns we are 100% committed to the safety and security of our guests. As part of this ongoing commitment, and in an effort to better serve our guests, we have installed guest room safes by Safemark in each one of our rooms. For your protection, privacy, peace of mind and recourse in the unlikely event of a loss, each Safemark safe carries a $10,000 limited warranty against forced entry.
Upon check-in each guest is asked to review and initial a disclosure on the registration card which advises the guest of the availability of the guest room safe, the $10,000 limited warranty against forced entry and the optional $1.50 fee. So as not to invade the privacy of our guests, we do not ask of their intent to use this service but rather allow each guest to make that decision in the convenience and privacy of their own room. The optionality of the fee is based solely on the honor system and every request to remove the fee will be honored without question.
Offering this service at an optional fee to our guests allows us to preserve the excellent value of our room rates, while providing an additional amenity that many of our guests appreciate and regularly utilize during their stay.

Very truly yours,

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

They don't charge a pet fee! The hardwood floors in the room are a great idea that other hotel chains should think of. Not that my dog made a mess (he didn't) but even if he had, there would've been no danger of a stained carpet, etc....& with places charging typically $10-40 per night extra for a pet, this was a huge saving and convenience.

The room itself was very clean. The bed was very good. The pillows were not. Lots of amenities not necessarily expected in this price range: iron and ironing board, microwave, fridge decent in-room WiFi, nice desk lamp, coffee and tea, hot water is hot.

They seem to have a chronic room key problem: while I was checking in, several people came into the office saying their rooms keys had stopped working. When I arrived back at the hotel late at night after visiting friends, mine didn't work either. It wasn't a big deal reissuing it, but does seem to be a problem here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Norwalk, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Check-in was painfully slow. Got to the room, and the door did not open or shut properly. You literally had to slam into the door every time to get it to open or close completely. The appearance of the room was very basic, but relatively decent, considering what you pay. However, through out the night, you could hear people outside yelling and screaming, cars coming and going, doors slamming, and banging all night long. I called the front desk to inform them, and was told "I will keep an eye out for it." If I were the front desk staff, I would make sure to address it immediately. After speaking to the front desk, I walked out of my room, to be greeted by some [--] screaming up to a guest on the second floor. She then runs up to the second floor, and comes back down, gets in the car, and I realize the guy in the car is rolling a blunt, as she hands him a wad of cash. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on here. It's one thing if you're going to engage in illegal activity, but to draw a ridiculous amount of attention to yourself in the process. I should have just called the police, as the front desk staff seemed to have no interest in resolving the issue. It seems like I was in a...well I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Hours after the commotion outside finally subdues, and I'm beginning to doze off, the smoke detector beings to chirp loudly every 2 seconds, as if it needs a new battery. Needless to say, I re-explained my poor experience to the front desk clerk at check-out the next morning, and he did not see to care to hear what I had to say either. I inquired about their Hassle Free Guarantee, which he dismisses, and proceeds to charge me for the room. After checking out, I called the hotel back and asked to speak with the Manager on Duty, Dennis, who was nothing but argumentative from the start, and instead of honoring the Hassle Free Guarantee, gave me one excuse after the next about how it was not Red Roof Inn's fault or problem. Understanding, he was not going to help in anyway, my next step is to contact Red Roof Inn Guest Relations. Perhaps, they can also provide Dennis coaching on their Hassle Free Guarantee policy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!