“P*ss Poor Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   707 Colman Street, I-95 at Frontage Road, Exit 82-A/83, New London, CT 06320-2605   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in New London
Norwalk, Connecticut
“P*ss Poor Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Check-in was painfully slow. Got to the room, and the door did not open or shut properly. You literally had to slam into the door every time to get it to open or close completely. The appearance of the room was very basic, but relatively decent, considering what you pay. However, through out the night, you could hear people outside yelling and screaming, cars coming and going, doors slamming, and banging all night long. I called the front desk to inform them, and was told "I will keep an eye out for it." If I were the front desk staff, I would make sure to address it immediately. After speaking to the front desk, I walked out of my room, to be greeted by some [--] screaming up to a guest on the second floor. She then runs up to the second floor, and comes back down, gets in the car, and I realize the guy in the car is rolling a blunt, as she hands him a wad of cash. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on here. It's one thing if you're going to engage in illegal activity, but to draw a ridiculous amount of attention to yourself in the process. I should have just called the police, as the front desk staff seemed to have no interest in resolving the issue. It seems like I was in a...well I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Hours after the commotion outside finally subdues, and I'm beginning to doze off, the smoke detector beings to chirp loudly every 2 seconds, as if it needs a new battery. Needless to say, I re-explained my poor experience to the front desk clerk at check-out the next morning, and he did not see to care to hear what I had to say either. I inquired about their Hassle Free Guarantee, which he dismisses, and proceeds to charge me for the room. After checking out, I called the hotel back and asked to speak with the Manager on Duty, Dennis, who was nothing but argumentative from the start, and instead of honoring the Hassle Free Guarantee, gave me one excuse after the next about how it was not Red Roof Inn's fault or problem. Understanding, he was not going to help in anyway, my next step is to contact Red Roof Inn Guest Relations. Perhaps, they can also provide Dennis coaching on their Hassle Free Guarantee policy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband wanted to take my son as a 21st birthday present to Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. Since both those hotels were priced at $499..r u kidding me? there are many hotels in the area. I usually try to stay at a Marriott but they both said to me get the cheapest mom, we wont be there that long. I dont think I have ever stayed at this chain but the beds were very comfortable and all was very clean. Would definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear flowers53,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Dmitry Zilbershteyn
Red Roof Inn Mystic-New London, CT
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Red Roof Inn, New London was a nice clean hotel. Price was affordable. Easy to access highway and casinos. Will stay here again. A continental breakfest would be a nice addition but no problem. A good choice instead of the higher price hotels closer to the casinos. Plenty of safe parking.

ny ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a good alternative to the $499 a night Mohegan Sun. My husband and I went to a concert at Mohegan Sun and wanted to make a night of it. The rate was reasonable, and while not luxurious, it was clean and seem to be newly updated. We could not get a reservation for a non- smoking room, but they accommodated us to a nonsmoking at check in. The hardwood floor eliminates the scary carpet feature in many lower priced motels. However, it was a little warped in the bathroom. Comfortable and clean! Nice staff.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room.. A little bigger.
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were on our way to Bar Harbor for vacation and wanted to stop by Mystic. We have our dog with us and needed a pet friendly place. The hotel is only 15 min away from Mystic and right off the highway. I was a little worry because of the inexpensive rate (about 1/3 of what Mystic hotel charged and you get a king deluxe room, no pet fee and great cancellation policy), but decide to give it a try base on the consistently good reviews. The room was very clean, very good condition and pretty new. It worked out very well for us and would definitely stay here again if we head to Mystic area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CLERMONT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

When I called to make a reservation the desk clerk advised me the hotel was in the process of renovation & described what was already completed & what was in the process. And that the room above ours was being worked on from noon to 4pm.
That was honest & acceptable to us. We appreciated the information.
The portion that was renovated was the flooring in our room. Loved it. Only under the bed was carpet. The rest was vinyl wood looking tile. How perfect from the front door to the bath area.
The location is absolutely lovely. The hotel is like being in a magical forest. Quiet & beautiful.
Close the both casinos, restaurants & tourist attractions.

Lunenburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was conviently located right off the highway and secluded enough that the highway noise did not bother you. Rooms were clean and modern. Beds were not that great. Check in was fast and easy. Would definetly stay here again. Located close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!