“Eat here, really!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 124 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: This is an organic restaurant. Lists food for people sensitive to gluten etc
New York City, New York
“Eat here, really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a nice lunch we had here. A charming and friendly restaurant with an imaginative menu and excellent food. Will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Groton, Connecticut
“Very good food, Amazing cupcake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went there this morning and had the vegetarian burrito, which was very good. I have found it very difficult to find a good burrito in this area, so I was happy to find this at Mangetout. However, I was really blown away by the miniature cupcake. I had a vegan chocolate miniature cupcake with mocha icing for one dollar. This was the best cupcake I have ever had. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had. I have had gelato of possibly similar quality, but other than that none of the desserts I have had in my life (brownies, cookies, cakes, pies, cheesecakes, tira misu, candies, chocolates, muffins, etc.) have been better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Connecticut
“Wonderful vegeterian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Imaginative, tasty, and good for you too! Menu offerings are varied and nicely presented. Open only for lunch (and breakfast, I think)

Visited August 2012
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Wonderful little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stopped hear for a midmorning snack. I had read that they do cater to gluten free people. I had a gluten free pumkin muffin that was the best gluten free muffin I had ever had. My huband had the frittata and said it was great. Since we were there at an off time, we had the pleasure of speaking with the owner. She was very knowledgeable as well as a great cook. We will definitely be back to try some more of her great creations

Visited April 2012
Quaker Hill, Connecticut
“Thankful for a vegetarian option.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The menu was diverse. The food was good and the ambiance was nice. I am thankful Mangetout is in New London to offer residents a different option and broaden our pallets. However, I was expecting to be blown away and I wasn't. They have good food at good prices, but They won't inspire anyone to become a vegetarian.

Visited October 2011