“Temporary home for the father of an Eli!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Long Wharf Drive, New Haven, CT 06511   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
GreenLeadersBronze level
EdwardNJ
“Temporary home for the father of an Eli!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

This hotel is perfect of me. As a father of a student enrolled at Yale, I am required to visit the New Haven area regularly. Premiere has been recenlty remodeled as described on their website, and I continually find my stays comfortable and uneventful. I usually stay for 3 nights, and this month they had a special for 30% off my 3 night stay. What luck! The daily complimentary breakfast was better than most and very convenient. They have a number of other amenities that I don't really use (free wireless internet, fitness room), but other guests seem to enjoy these things. I think the zoo is nearby, and my son and I often visit Long Wharf Harbor which is about 10 minutes away,

Safe Travels!
Edward, NJ

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Over the years I've stayed at many hotels in New haven county. Trip advisor directed us to Premiere Hotel and Suites and we were not dis-appointed.

After our 10 day stay for family and business meetings.... My wife and 3 young children can say there is no better choice around.

The hotel is convenient to i95 but isolated from a. It's not a "walk out the hotel for a dinner and drinks across the street" kind of place. (try the Omni or Study at Yale for that).

Paid $148+tax from Expedia for a 2 bedroom, 2 full bath, 3 tv, living room (pullout couch) and small but full kitchen. Breakfast was great, never had a chance for the free dinner.

Excellent! A+

Thanks Premiere Suites and TA !

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

We just returned from a visit to see colleges in the area. The hotel was perfect for our family. We stayed in a two level suite. It felt like our own private town house. Because we also had our younger two children along, the best was the three TV's. Everyone could watch what they wanted with no arguments. There was even a flat screen tv above the fire place. The sofa allowed us to sleep one more child with out fighting. There was a king and queen size bed and two bathrooms. At first I thought we'd use the kitchen for breakfast, but the best surprise was a great hot breakfast each day. The rooms was very clean and seemed to be recently redone. The beds were the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. We used to stay in downtown New Haven, this is just a few minutes out of downtown, but worth it. The kids used the business center computer. We all enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel for a visit to the New Haven area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My family and I just the spent the weekend in New Haven and stayed one night at Premiere Hotel and Suites. This hotel was formerly a Residence Inn but is now under new management.

We did the touristy things that a family might do in New Haven. We took the guided tour of Yale (which was great); went to the Peabody Museum; had pizza at Pepe's (get there early); and strolled around the grounds of the Yale campus.

The main concern with this hotel is its location. It's sort of buried in the back corner of an Industrial complex that houses a hospital building, US mail facility and a community college. Also, the exterior of the hotel buildings are in need of some repair as well as the sidewalks. I said to my wife as we approached our hotel room "hopefully we didn't make a mistake on this one." We stayed in a room on the back side that faces a less than desirable neighborhood. There is a large fence that offers a sense of protection.

However, once we entered our hotel room we were pleasantly surprised. It was recently renovated and very clean. The hotel staff was friendly and we enjoyed the free breakfast. One of the reasons we try and stay in places like these is it gives our entire family a place to spread out. There were 2 bathrooms, a king sized bedroom, queen sized loft, kitchen, living area, and 3 TVs. For the price, this was definitely a good value.

If I were to return to New Haven in the future to visit Yale and the other attractions around the campus, I would probably opt for the Marriott Courtyard.

• Liked — Room Value
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Providence RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

My daughter recently participated in a basketball tournament in New Haven and we needed a suite-type hotel in order to accommodate my entire family. The Premiere Hotel & Suites was the perfect fit! From the moment we arrived and were welcomed we knew we had made the right choice. Our suite had an upstairs loft where my two children stayed - they even had their own bathroom. My husband and I had a king bed in our own room with bathroom - the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on! Because we were there for several days, we appreciated the full kitchen so that we could prepare meals and save money instead of eating out! A full breakfast was complimentary each morning and was delicious (the kids especially loved the waffle maker!!) The location was perfect - right off the highway and easy to get to/from. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a home-like atmosphere at a great price!

• Liked — spacious rooms, full kitchen
  • Disliked — liked everything about the hotel and our experience
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

I have stayed at this property numerous times, and this is the first time under the new ownership/post remodel.

The remodel is great! Nice plasma TV's - beds are great - comfortable.

Had heating issues in my first room- then in the second room- finally after the third room it was great... the staff was very responsive, helped me pack, move and took good care of me.

Breakfast was good... I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I stayed at the Premiere Hotel last year for two nights and loved it. This time I needed to stay for two weeks and really appreciated the "all-suite" aspect. The free breakfast and dinner were outstanding, but I really loved having the full kitchen and the ability to prepare dinner for myself in the privacy of my own room. Premiere is located in a much safer area than other hotels I have stayed at. The hotel shuttle took me to and from Yale University, a quick trip, promptly every day. The staff was friendly and I felt very much at home. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location to Downtown New Haven area
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to New Haven Premiere Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!