“Good Place to Crash” 3 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Pond Lily Ave, New Haven, CT 06525   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
“Good Place to Crash”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2005

Granted - fancy it's not. But we found a great deal here for the Harvard-Yale game, considerably less expensive than just about any hotel in the area. I found the people working there pleasant and helpful. We arrived the morning of the game, and had the front desk call a taxi - every cab company in town was booked. So the lady at the front desk offered to drive a group of us over to The Game - three miles away - just to be nice! The beds were comfortable enough, and the rooms provided a warm place for us to crash after a day of tailgating. Perfect for recent alums like me who aren't willing to shell out for the fancier places downtown.

• Stayed November 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

I am not lying about this either- I had to go to the doctor after being covered in over 100 bites from the Econo Lodge's infested mattress. I am currently in process of suing this hotel.

Oh, and the hot water heater did not work- nor did the heater.

• Stayed November 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

This hotel was run down, didn't feel safe in neighborhood, staff unfriendly, and too remote.

• Stayed October 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

All the Ants you can eat, stomp out, or drown...for free! If you love sheets that don't fit, towels that are see through and the size of toilet paper, and toilet paper the texture of sandpaper, you'll love this place! Pillow cases? Forget it! Decent bath? Only if you don't mind the little buggers keeping you company! Noise??? Plenty of it and nice and LOUD! Enjoyed our neighbor's room party.

You get what you pay for...perhaps. Don't even think about this place! I'd rather be homeless!

Stayed April 2005
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

Upon arrival we found out the jacuzzi was broken (one perk of this hotel), walked to our room, there were old couches, trash, and space heaters thown about the hallway. The room would be ok, if we didnt find the old condom wrapper lying next to the bed. As the night progressed, the heat slowly dissapeared. I called the front desk,and they weren't surprised (I wish they had told me before I took the room) and asked me to come get a space heater.
Men's sauna also had broken glass on the floor...
I would advise anyone to spend the extra 20 bucks and stay somewhere else.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2004

Ouch! We stayed at the "Quality" Inn @ 100 Pond Lily Rd. The heat didn't work (it was 4 degrees F outside), and the room stayed under 60 degrees, even after two hours. The manager, offered me a space heater!
I decided that i could not accept a room with a space heater on a rug, and a radiator that didn't work. Anyway, after the New Haven Police came (yes, i called them - it was a MUCH longer story), we got everything sorted out, and we were given a beautiful warm room, and had a great nite's sleep. One of their managers does not handle problems too well, but the OWNERS helped. It was a Friday night, and the owners spend weekends there.

Been to Econo Lodge Conference Center - New Haven? Share your experiences!