“price only” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in New Haven
Port Jefferson, New York
“price only”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

survived a night price only redeeming factor. Grouchy clerk epitomizes spirit of a hotel, the clerk says is filled, yet there are almost no cars anywhere around. When we came back saying we wanted to leave, the after midnight staff got us a better room. Rated location good cause it was right near the highway so we could get out quickly.

Room Tip: stay in the building where you check in. Don't even look at the building on the side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I think it is hilarious how some people write on this website telling everyone how this is a wonderful place to stay. This has got to be a hoax! This place is just plain nasty! I don't know how anyone could stay here on purpouse and not realize that there are mattresses and garbage standing up in most of the rooms. There are drug dealers living here and hookers too. Doesn't anyone realize this?? Just look at this place, if anyone thinks this place is nice than I believe they are on something.

Room Tip: Don't ever go here!!!!!! Nasty place!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Westford, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked a room expecting a decent enough facility for a one night stay with our family and dog. We drove up to the building to find not a single car in the lot, holes in the building/windows patched with plywood and dirty/torn curtains hanging from the windows. We did not feel safe enough for our family to get out of the car, let alone stay the night, in this facility. Thank goodness we were able to drive to Hamden to find a hotel that took us in. The information and pictures from this site are totally misleading and false advertising. We have never experienced anything like this before. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
castleton, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very convenient location. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I left my phone charger at the hotel. I phoned them and they sent my phone charger to my home immediately. I stayed a total of four nights and the cost was $259 - very affordable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Garden Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The service was very good when I stayed at the Econo Lodge. I believe no one can complain about any of the employees services. They ra friendly, helpful, and eager to help.
I spend a good night over there. I want to pay my appreciation to their assistance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Midwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Do not stay here. Do not make the same mistake I made.
I saw the other reviews, and most reviews said do not stay in this hotel. However, considering the lower cost, and looking at the nice pictures and amenities described on the Choice Hotel website, I was still attracked to book this hotel against those warnings. Big mistake!!

The photos must be from 10 years ago when the hotel was first built, because the place is a run down, and neither the room nor the buildings are anywhere close to the nice pictures on the website. The "heated indoor pool" is in the abandoned building of the "conference rooms" full of broken glasses and dust. A whole building at the back was also boarded up with broken windows. They don't have any laundry facility but still advertised "laundry facility on the property". Things mentioned on the website about the hotel are just lies after lies.
The front desk Indian staff was completely UN-friendly, maintained a cold face and had no desire to even talk to his guests. Very UN-welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I had to travel to CT from PA, My mother was having a very delicate surgery, I booked online using my choice points, I called and ask the person on the phone that I was coming from PA and I wasn't sure what time we would be there, he said "not a problem we would change your stay if you get here after midnight... we got there at 5am due to traffic and construction...when we got there I told the person on the counter about the change of stay, this person said he couldn't change my stay and check-out was at 11am; We were all so tired, when we got to the room, the a/c wasn't working that well and the bathroom door was dirty; I called back at 10:30am and asked for a late check-out: I was told 1pm the key better be at the counter... this was very unprofessional, I was so tired throught the day...We will never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Conference Center - New Haven? Share your experiences!