“Good Commment about Econo Lodge service” 4 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge Conference Center - New Haven
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Pond Lily Ave, New Haven, CT 06525   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Garden Grove, California
“Good Commment about Econo Lodge service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The service was very good when I stayed at the Econo Lodge. I believe no one can complain about any of the employees services. They ra friendly, helpful, and eager to help.
I spend a good night over there. I want to pay my appreciation to their assistance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Midwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Do not stay here. Do not make the same mistake I made.
I saw the other reviews, and most reviews said do not stay in this hotel. However, considering the lower cost, and looking at the nice pictures and amenities described on the Choice Hotel website, I was still attracked to book this hotel against those warnings. Big mistake!!

The photos must be from 10 years ago when the hotel was first built, because the place is a run down, and neither the room nor the buildings are anywhere close to the nice pictures on the website. The "heated indoor pool" is in the abandoned building of the "conference rooms" full of broken glasses and dust. A whole building at the back was also boarded up with broken windows. They don't have any laundry facility but still advertised "laundry facility on the property". Things mentioned on the website about the hotel are just lies after lies.
The front desk Indian staff was completely UN-friendly, maintained a cold face and had no desire to even talk to his guests. Very UN-welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I had to travel to CT from PA, My mother was having a very delicate surgery, I booked online using my choice points, I called and ask the person on the phone that I was coming from PA and I wasn't sure what time we would be there, he said "not a problem we would change your stay if you get here after midnight... we got there at 5am due to traffic and construction...when we got there I told the person on the counter about the change of stay, this person said he couldn't change my stay and check-out was at 11am; We were all so tired, when we got to the room, the a/c wasn't working that well and the bathroom door was dirty; I called back at 10:30am and asked for a late check-out: I was told 1pm the key better be at the counter... this was very unprofessional, I was so tired throught the day...We will never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Helena, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!! We were tired, found this on choice hotel app, got to the room and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. Told them it wasn't acceptable, but they wouldn't refund money. Luckily it was on the cheaper side, but will NEVER even consider a stay at an ECONO LODGE again. Am writing Choice Hotels about this DUMP!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place is a run down, probably drug and hooker infested waste of land! DO NOT STAY HERE!
It was too late to cancel my reservation and get a refund, but after looking around, I ate the $60 and moved to another hotel. I thought my truck would end up on blocks in the morning with no wheels!

Room Tip: This entire area does not look safe, move on!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Do not stay here! If you do, you're truly taking your life in your hands. The place looks worse than a fallout shelter. Some very sketchy characters around the place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

DO NOT GO I repeat STAY AWAY.. the pictures on the Econo lodge website are what the hotel looked like before the end of the world atom bomb got dropped on New Haven. Only one section is available for staying the rest is literally boarded up, rotten, smashed, taped off, , broken windows, doors kicked in, matresses laying everywhere and totally debris ridden- not "we are under construction debris" more like "We are under attack debris" The swimming pool...? Is now a trash, literally. The rooms are skanky, it has more of a "crack house feel or a homeless shelter feel than a motel. I felt like I got warped into the movie Precious: Based on the book "Push" by sapphire. The people staying there are not wayfarers or travellers, they are the people that are one step from homelessness and econolodge is now home... it made me wonder if they are the kind of people that cant get a real apt, you know like drug addicts, convicts, and sex offenders. it felt that way to me. This place is the worst place Ive ever stayed, by FAR- and Im not picky- obviously I was staying at an econo lodge so that should tell you I wasnt expecting the ritz... and dont expect a refund, for any reason... at all... no matter what.... for any reason. Trashy and rude, scum, low class, ghetto, half way house, STDs, Flea Bag, Katrina, - these are the words I think of when I think of this place. They should loose their franchise.... See the pictures others have posted!!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Conference Center - New Haven? Share your experiences!