“Average Hotel in a Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Missouri City, Texas
“Average Hotel in a Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located if you need to stay in New Haven and specifically close to the Yale campus. Yale and many shops and restaurants are within very short walking distance. The hotel itself is nothing to write home about but it is sufficient for a short stay. The beds were comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. The "restaurant" in the lobby is ok if you just want a quick snack or something to drink. The hotel seems to sit on the border of the good and bad parts of New Haven so pay attention when you are going out and about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just checked in to the 2nd floor. The furnishing looks aged and air-con is so noisy. If someone jumps at the car park, they can probably looked into the bedroom. The rain outside adds to the gloom. Avoid unless you really need to stay in the city.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

As per usual I requested a quiet room. On arrival I was given a room on the 2nd floor next to what looked like the generators for the hotel. From my last experience it's always best to change rooms if it's not suitable immediately and not try to adapt to the room. I was then give a wonderful room on the 8th floor away from road traffic looking down a lovely tree lined street. The rooms are fresh and look like they have been recently renovated. They still have the in room aircons but it's not as noisy as the old ones in Wallingford.

New Haven is not the safest place as I discovered walking along looking for a drug store. Best to stay near the Yale campus and that area of town.

Room Tip: HIgh floor away from the traffic and generators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel to be near Yale (the nicer part of New Haven), and because we had good experience with Courtyard in the past. As mentioned elsewhere, this is a re-brand of a lower-quality hotel and it shows. Despite the spruced up lobby, the walls are thin and the building feels worn-down.

We specifically asked for non-feather pillows when making the reservation as we are both allergic, but arrived to find not only feather pillows but a feather mattress-cover. The maintenance worker who was sent to rectify the situation brought replacement pillows, but our allergy complaint was dismissed with laughter. We were left with a hard mattress and a sleepless night due to ongoing allergic reactions. There was also food from a previous guest left in the mini-fridge, and hair in the shower.

This place just doesn't live up to Marriott standards, or the "3-star" rating. Definitely avoid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have stayed here three times now and we've enjoyed great stays every time. For one, the staff really goes out of their way to accommodate you. Very responsive and considerate. I like that they put out water urns during the summer months with lemon, lime, and orange. That is a nice touch.
Secondly, it is a great location to visit Yale. Loads of restaurants within walking distance and close to campus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel to be near Yale Hospital..My brother was very ill and when he was released from the hospital we stayed 3 more days at the hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make my brother comfortable. the chef made all the food he could eat. everyone from the front desk staff, the GM, housekeeping,were the best. I have been an associate of the Marriott for 20 years and have stayed at multiple marriott properties, from the Ritz to a Fairfield Inn and it was the New Haven Courtyard that exceeded Marriott standards. I know that I will probably be staying there in the future due to my brothers health and I look forward to seeing everyone again.. My heart felt thanks to all.
I send my b est to a wonderful woman in the Bistro who works mornings.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I are traveling back to New York from a long trip and decided to check in here with our 3 year old son.

I was so pleased with all staff members with smiles and they were so ready to help us. I married a picky husband so we ate out for dinner. But breakfast this morning was amazing.

As soon as we were walking to the breakfast area they were two ladies (can't remember their names) that we're full of energy like my son! They showed us their options and my son refused to quiet down because he wanted fries. The girls were friendly and patient and even gave my husband extra options for breakfast. Which was great!!!

My son was so ready to throw a tantrum when the supervisor, Ana came right over with the kids menu and crayons. She was so calm, polite, and patient with my son which is rare in food service I had experienced. He actually enjoyed her company and she personally took care of him from breakfast, to cartoons, to coloring, it gave me a chance to enjoy breakfast. Thank you Ana!!!!!!!! Life saver.

I recommend this hotel. I look forward to coming back here. All staff members were amazing but especially in the restaurant in the morning. You guys made my life easier for that moment.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Courtyard New Haven at Yale? Share your experiences!