“The best place for sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
nowhere
“The best place for sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have traveled around the country and this is truly my favorite sushi restaurant in the country, yes, truly the best in the country. Always fresh and innovative, with great specials.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Killingworth, CT
“Delicious fresh sushi in a cool, sleek setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Miso is probably my favorite sushi restaurant in Connecticut. The modern, minimalist decor is actually quite soothing. Hajiki seawood salad with lotus root is well made, age tofu is delicious and their shumai are the best I've ever eaten anywhere. The spicy tuna dragon roll is surprisingly spicy and the eel and avocado roll was perfect. White tuna sushi was also delicious. Cold udon noodles flavored with green tea were also really tasty. This is just a great place for Japanese food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CROMWELL
“Sushi! And more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The only other restaurant in New Haven that I like as much as this one is Ibiza. it's a good thing one's Japanese and the other is Spanish or I never would be able to make up my mind. I frequent a good many Japanese restaurants and enjoy sushi, but this one is a cut above all the others. Not only is the chief sushi chef, Jason, comfortable with English, he and his crew are true artists. It doesn't hurt that the fish is about the freshest I've found anywhere. He has yellow tuna that will just melt in your mouth. They have on the menu a tuna carpaccio which is a thin disk of red tuna about as big as the plate coated with a special sauce. Try it. this review would go on to long if I tried to fully cover the food available, so I won't. Sushi bars a great place to be and meet and talk to interesting people. It seems there are a lot of regulars. Table setting is what you might expect. Parking is close by and a lot that will give you a discount if you've got a stamp from the restaurant. Finally, there's a little Oriental grocery store almost next to the restaurant. It's a good place to browse and pick up a few incidentals. I usually pick up a bag of baby bok choy, and I do mean baby. These are about 4 inches long, not the giant babies you find in the grocery store.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Suggestion: Go. Sit at the sushi bar and watch the magic of Jason, while eating the very freshest sushi. it is by far the best that I have had in many many years. I do not understand how anyone could rate this food anything other than delicious. Your taste buds are in for a treat. Jason, a very experienced sushi chef, originally from Malaysia, is eager to share his world with you, provided he is not too busy. We ate there last night before going to the Longwharf Theater, which is very close by. I highly recommend going.

Seymour, Connecticut
“Miso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My fiance have been trying a ton of different sushi places around New Haven county. This is one of our new favorites. I tried the gyoza (pork dumplings) and they were great. The roll I had was great too, but my fiance LOVED his. It was one of the specials that night called Toro which was a spicy tuna hand roll. It was more expensive but he loved it so much he ordered a second.

Visited September 2012