“SOOOOO YUMMY!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
atlanta,ga.
“SOOOOO YUMMY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were visiting our son who is going to school in New Haven and decided to come here for his birthday brunch. Don't wait to come here for a special occasion. Just go because it will be one of( if not the best) brunches you can imagine. My husband will very rarely rave about a meal but he couldn't stop talking about Bella's. The food is so creative and fresh. My only disappointment is that we don't live in the area but you can bet we will now be visiting our son more often! Also, Claudia was a great waitress. Our son has Asperger's and she was so sweet and patient with him.

• Visited January 2014
Rose F, Owner at Bella's Cafe, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, momofone11. We’re thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed your brunch with us so much! It was a pleasure to serve you, and we hope you’ll join us again the next time you’re in town! Best, Rose F., Owner

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Excellent Meal--Be ready to wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stopped in one Sunday after Christmas, around 11 am and waited about a 1/2 hour to get our meal. It was a good thing we weren't starving. We were a little apprehensive, having read other reviews about the wait, but when we entered there was bar space for us, so we sat down. The waitress was quick to get our delicious drinks--hot cocoa made with steamed milk, which included creamy whip cream and a Pepperidge Farm Pirouette Chocolate Rolled Wafers. What a marvelous delight, not only for the eyes, but also for the stomach.

We ordered different items on the menu. I had the shrimp and grits. I have been down south several times and so I can say that I know my shrimp and grits. I was overwhelmed by how good this was!! I will definitely be back for more!!

The others I was with also enjoyed their meals. All portions are extremely generous, which to me, makes up for the wait. I would certainly recommend this restaurant--but I caution people to be ready for a wait after their order has been taken. Too bad they don't have a larger cooking area, and another cook. I would have given them a 5 rating, if not for the wait.

• Visited December 2013
Rose F, Owner at Bella's Cafe, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, 4okay. We’re so happy our shrimp and grits dish was such a big hit for you! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit, and we hope to serve you again soon. Best, Rose F., Owner
connecticut
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This cafe has an eclectic variety of breakfast foods and and unusual dishes offered up for brunch. There are so many different dishes that sounded and looked delicious it was very hard to choose, but I had the panini with fresh goat cheese, prociutto, 2 poached eggs and fresh greens with a side of cheese grits; hubby had the shrimp and grits dish. Both entrees were huge and mighty delicious! We ended up taking home half of our meals. The cinnamon chai tea went well with my meal. The staff is friendly and fast. The cafe itself is very small so we had to wait about 20 minutes, but it was well worth it! I plan on going back again to order something different on the menu that I am sure is going to be delicious!

• Visited January 2014
Rose F, Owner at Bella's Cafe, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, dede48. We’re thrilled to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed your meal with us! We love hearing our customers’ favorites, so thank you for sharing what you enjoyed most. We’d love to serve you again soon, so you can try some of our other dishes! Best, Rose F. (Owner)
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Westville is a great neighborhood for brunch! Love that Bella's offers grits as a side! There are always a ton of specials to go along with the regular breakfast menu. The staff is very attentive. Very creative specials. The omelets are fluffy and full of extras. The challah French toast is to die for.

Visited August 2013
Rose F, Owner at Bella's Cafe, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much, Beth! We’re glad you’ve been so happy with our brunch, especially the grits and omelets! We appreciate your business and hope you’ll join us again soon! Best, Rose F., Owner
Essex, Vermont
“Nice Brunch in New Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Some friends we were visiting recommended this little cafe for brunch and we were glad they did. The menu had a very nice and well-thought out selection of dishes. We each ordered something very different (crabcakes, chilaquile, and cheesesteak omelette) and we were all happy with the quality of the dishes. The drinks (Cappucino, and hot chocolate) came out quickly and looked and tasted great. The place is small and on the cold day we visited it was a bit annoying to have a blast of cold air hit us at our table close to the door every time someone walked in. Overrall, we'd recommend it to friends and we would visit on our own again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rose F, Owner at Bella's Cafe, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing, James. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and are very happy to hear you all enjoyed your meals! Thank you for including us in your travels, and we hope you’ll stop in again the next time you’re in town. Best, Rose F., Owner