“Great food, drinks & awesome tour guide!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 Activities in New Haven
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a Taste of New Haven! The city's latest culinary and cultural incarnation is led by the animated and knowledgeable historian and food and drink lover Colin M. Caplan. Take a taste that will fill you up and inspire you.Every week Colin leads a group of culinary adventurers through historic Westville. The tours included multiple food and drink stops with a carefully crafted menu that shows off some of the city's best cuisine and cultural surprises. The tours will be expanding to Downtown and East Rock soon.
ct
9 attraction reviews
“Great food, drinks & awesome tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went on the Theater District tour last weekend and had a great time. Start to finish Colin was very interesting to listen to, with a very engaging personality. We started out with drinks at the Wine Thief and ended with a delicious meal at Kellys. In between was a lot of food at little hidden gems someone just visiting the city might not see, and we learned a lot about the history and culture of a great city that is right next door, but we never really "knew" about. We have a different view of New Haven now and would go back to visit the restaurants we stopped at, and perhaps others along the way. The tour was about 4 1/2 hours long - which included a tour of Yale University which was very interesting - definitely worth every penny and then some. Looking forward to taking another tour very soon and we are certainly spreading the word on what a great time it was. Thank you Colin, see you soon!

Visited September 2012

Wallingford, CT
83 attraction reviews
“Fun afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I gave this tour to my husband for his birthday. I had gotten a discount on it. Collin, the owner, ran our tour. He is a very knowledgeable guy. He has an architecture degree and also does alot of historical research. We had anticipated that the tour would be all about food, but Collin threw in some history as well which made it even more enjoyable. I go to New Haven all the time for work but had never really ventured through Yale so that was interesting to see. We sampled a good variety of food: artisan pizza, chocolates, fresh tuna steak sandwiches as well as kettle corn and ice cream. The tour was about 4 hours. We certainly had plenty to eat and were well entertained. We did the theater district tour. Some friends of ours went on the canal tour the same day and enjoyed it as well.

Visited September 2012
Westport
3 attraction reviews
“A wonderful Sunday afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I and several friends took Colin's Theater District Tour this past Sunday. We had a great time winding through the streets of New Haven and enjoying Colin's history of theaters, pizza and so much more! He has tons of facts about the city and very much enjoys the job! It is a very fun way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon. His tour led us to a Mexican Restaurant, a Pizza Restaurant, a coffee shop, a kettlecorn stop, a very unique Japanese ice cream store and a Moraccan restaurant! Each stop offered good eats and drinks along with some history or information pertaining to the site or the process. I highly recommend this as a fun and delicious way to spend an afternoon!

Bristol, CT
“A fun way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Colin led us on a journey through New Haven that enlightened, entertained, and fed us! Who could ask for a better way to spend a few hours? It was a great date for my husband and me, and I would recommend this for couples, friends, even business associates. Heck, I'd go alone, as there is plenty of opportunity to chat with the other tour goers.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Great fun, and a wonderful way to explore New Haven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A friend and I recently took Colin's Theatre District tour. As a resident of downtown New Haven, I have eaten at many of the restaurants in this area. Nevertheless, the tour introduced me to a series of wonderful places I had never before been, and all with a delicious helping of New Haven food and city history. This is a terrific way to spend a weekend afternoon, and the best possible way to get to know downtown New Haven. Colin's knowledge of the city is remarkable, his enthusiasm is infectious, and his love of New Haven's culinary offerings is instantly palpable. I highly recommend this tour.