“stop=over” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
baltomore
“stop=over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

great place for the price
friendly staff willing to due whatever is needed to please us

we arrived late at night

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
wellington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Maybe it was my luck but I had no problems at reception, the young lady was friendly and
helpful, Cannot complain about the room everything appeared to be clean and polished.
Breakfast area was not the biggest but all the usual offerings were available.
Only downside is that there are no restaurants in immediate vicinity only fast food, next
exit up I.91 has restaurants (North Haven) which I found thanks to reception.

Room Tip: On main road so rooms at the back would probably be best
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your warm review. I will make sure to pass it along to our night agent. She has been with us for almost 20 years. Yes, you are right our breakfast area is a little small but soon we will be in the process of remodeling, I do hope you come back and check us out again after the process is done.

Thank You.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time to stay at this hotel. The front desk customer service is the worst in my all hotel experiences during the past 10 years. She just looked down upon us as the cheapgate, and would not like to provide any help we asked. When I asked if I can contact the manager, her response was "The manager is on vocation". What a jerk!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
I am assuming the other review was also made from you, I was on vacation and no manager is going to come into handle a little minor issue like this late at night. You could of spoken to our assistant manager in the morning if you wanted to. When I did return from my work related conference vacation, I did send out an email to you to resolve this, which could of been a discount or etc, however you never responded back with your side. I did speak to our night agent and she had no issue renting a room to you, however we do not allow minors to stay in a room without an adult. Many hotels have their own rules but majority of them follow this rule. She was looking out for your best interest.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

The concierge was not helpful when we requested room service and refused to give me any utensils to eat breakfast with because he had already put them away and didn't feel like getting them back out (breakfast ended at 10am and I asked for a spoon at 9:55). Also the hotel reeked of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

nirav p, Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this review, March 22, 2015
Dear Guest,
Our breakfast time is from 7am until 10 a.m, we have no issues of providing guest with breakfast even after breakfast hours are over, we understand sometimes guest run few minutes late. Also if you had asked any one working or even the housekeeper cleaning up the breakfast area we would of gladly provided you with spoons etc. We have may guest who order take out and we provide them with plates, napkins and etc with no cost. We would of even pointed out where we store them so you could of got them on your one.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night with our children. The whole building smelled like marijuana. The room next to ours was very obviously smoking marijuana because there was a common door in our room and the smoke was comong through. We complained to management and requested another room because we didn't want our children exposed to marijuana smoke. He refused to give us another room and wouldn't refund our money. There were stains on the mattresses that looked like blood, we were all itching all night, and no one was able to sleep. The next morning, the smell of marijuana filled our room as well as the hallway again. We were visiting from NC and were going to stay 2 nights, but thankfully, we only booked 1 night to see what the hotel was like first. When we talked to the manager the next day, he said he's not responsible for what other guests do in the hotel and if we wanted better, to stay at the Hyatt or Marriott. I couldn't believe he actually said that. He was very rude and had a terrible attitude. We normally do stay at nicer hotels, but due to a family emergency, this trip was planned at the last minute and we chose this hotel because it was the closest to our destination. Never again! I will definitely be sure to do research before booking another hotel. This was the worst experience of my life and that staff should be ashamed of themselves. That guy was heartless!

• Stayed March 2015
Dear Guest,

I personally checked our log book and no such complains were made by you or anyone in your party. You need to understand this is an economy chain hotel, we provide smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms. In the future I suggest you make a reservation for a non-smoking room so your room is next to the non-smoking area. That night we we were sold out and you were the only guest who complained and were really rude about it in the morning. Your complain then changed to safety of the hotel if the hotel was unsafe and not to your expectation why stay the night? Why didn't you just leave? Not only did you stay the whole night but you took breakfast upstairs and checked out at normal time. A normal person would of checked out asap then fought with their credit card company to get a refund. Also when you made a scene in the lobby their was an older lady who even came up to the front desk and said I don't know what they talking about I am 2 rooms away from them and I been going up and down all night cause I couldn't sleep and not once did I smell anything bad and I been coming here for many years and will continue to come. To me this just looks like lets stay the whole night and following night make up excuses to get our money back.

In the future be smart and make a reservation for a non-smoking room not a smoking room.

Nirav Patel
GM

Been to Days Inn New Haven? Share your experiences!