“Horrible service” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Foxon Boulevard, New Haven, CT 06513   |
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in New Haven
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

The air conditioner in our room made horrible big noise. We told the guy in the front desk. He said to send someone to check. Ten minutes later, he knocked on our door and told us he could not find any technician and no room to switch. The only thing he could do was to check us out without any refund. It was 9pm and very hard to find another hotel this late. We were really shocked and angry. We will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,
I am really sorry about situation you had during your stay. We are currently are re-modeling and soon will have flat screen tv and new bedding. However during your stay I was not on duty and If I was I would of been more than happy to speak to you about the matter. Please contact me at 203-469-3083 and just ask for me Nirav Patel, and I will be more than happy to assist you with your issues.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just sleeped in this hotel during a trip on the east cost. For this purpose its an absolutely nice hotel with a good price-value.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

nirav p, Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind reviews. We try our best to give your guest the best service possible we can provide and the best rate in the area. I hope you do come back and stay with us soon. We are currently under renovation and soon will have brand new TV, furniture and a state of the art Gym that many of our competition don't even have yet.

Nirav P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm going to keep it short and to the point:

PROS:
- the room was clean, spacious, comfortable
- good price: we paid $55/night
- cab ride away from downtown ($18)
- very friendly and accommodating staff

CONS:

- the outside and lobby look shabby
- breakfast is very minimal and mostly junk food
- funny smell in the rear parking lot

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are under full renovation right now.Soon we will have new bedding, tv, furniture. I hope you do come back and try us out.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was traveling by myself and I didn't have a car. I didn't feel safe in the hotel and area where it was situated. It may be suitable for a short stay (a couple of days) or those with a car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,
We can not change where the hotel is located, the service is the most important thing we can offer. From your review you are more worried about the safety, we are one of the most safest hotel in New Haven area, we get many guest who are visiting Yale and prefer to stay with us.

You are right, we are a hotel known for few nights stay, we are not an extended stay hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This Hotel has been recently upgraded and has been Renovated. The Carpets in all Rooms and the Hallways are Brand New. The Guest Service Representative had also told me that in the following weeks they will have Brand New Mattresses and Bed spreads and very soon they will Have a work out Gym. and New Furniture in all Rooms.
The Hallways smell Clean and Fresh.
The Front Desk Clerks are very Courteous and Professional.
They had been extremely helpful to me.I needed 15 rooms in their Hotel.I got a very good rate for all those 15 rooms as well as their Internet Service is very High Speed.I recommend this Hotel since I had 15 rooms recently and the Customer Service was Great.

Room Tip: All the Rooms have been Renovated and it seems like a "Brand New " Hotel.