“Great fo the Price” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn New Haven to your Saves list
Days Inn New Haven
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Foxon Boulevard, New Haven, CT 06513   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in New Haven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Woke up after my first night here and discovered little red bumps on my upper body. I recall reading a review for this hotel from over a year ago stating that it had bed bugs. Apparently they were not dealt with. After inspecting the beds, I also found many stains. When explaining my situation to the front desk employee, she made no attempt to apologize. Instead she was apathetic towards the situation. The hallway smelled funky, and the cleaning maids had all of their supplies situated right in the middle of the hallway, making it impossible to get by when carrying a bag. Also, my room key card completely stopped functioning after the first night. Do yourself a favor; spend a few extra dollars for a half way decent hotel, and do NOT stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Clean room, bed was comfy, bathroom had shampoos, lotions, plenty of towels. Breakfast consisted of bagels, English muffins, doughnuts, coffee, orange juice, apple juice. Not a luxury hotel or anything but a nice place to stay for a good price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Danbury
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked last minute and understood I was getting a smoking room, so I expected that, but the hallways smelled like smoke too, the bed spreads were worn and one was torn, there was no TV channel guide, which is annoying when you don't know the channels and the bathroom fan was increadibly loud. The desk chair was not in good shape either

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is about an 8-10 minute drive from Yale, which is around a 15 dollar cab ride away. There's a bus stop for public transit within walking distance, but it's in a neighborhood where I wouldn't walk around alone at night. Or rather, you shouldn't, because I did and after doing so I'd say it's not a great idea.

The hotel itself is staffed by uninterested, unmotivated people who are not particularly knowledgeable about the area or helpful with...much of anything. The area that separates the lobby and the actual rooms is not locked or anything, though it seems like it ought to be. The hallways are well lit and reek of cigarette smoke despite many signs that say "no smoking." The building is old, but not falling apart. I rented a single on the second floor. I can hear everything in the rooms around me and in the hallway, which has been...interesting. The bed is lumpy, but with the king size bed at least they gave me five little pillows, which is fine for one person alone. The lighting in the rooms is poor. The shower is easy to operate and of a normal size, but the bathroom is, again, poorly lit. The internet in the rooms is easy to access and works fairly well, but it's advertised as high speed and I think that's giving it a little too much credit.

Hilariously, I wanted to get a wakeup call and picked up the receiver on the phone in my room to call the office. However, no dial tone. I hang it up, and try again. No dial tone! On inspecting the phone further, I find that it is neither plugged into a phone jack nor a power source. On inspecting the rooms further, I find that there does not appear to be any sort of phone jack present that I can find. Thus, no wakeup call. No way to schedule a cab for pickup the next morning. No phone calls, no calls between rooms, nothing.

Halfway through my stay, my keycard to my room stopped working. This was apparently such a common occurrence that the person at the front desk didn't even need my prompting when I showed up with my key in hand.

Also, I am quite confident there is a drag race going on outside based on all the noise.

This hotel is a good pick if you are meeting a particularly classy Craigslist hookup, or you just really like Wal-Mart (it's next door). Some people seem to enjoy smoking in their nonsmoking rooms and watching what sounds like wrestling matches. If you stay here, don't try to eat the breakfast.

Room Tip: The best room is at another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn New Haven, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am sorry for the few minor issues you had during your stay. However none of these issues were brought to the front desk attention, if they were we would of been more then happy to address them.
The phone jack and alarm clock in the room were checked by our housekeeping staff and everything seem to be working fine! As for the Wi-Fi yes, its not going to be as fast as a home Wi-Fi but its faster then what you will receive at many other hotels and its free.

Been to Days Inn New Haven? Share your experiences!