“the best korean barbeque in this area” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 130 Restaurants in New Britain
West Hartford, Connecticut
“the best korean barbeque in this area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

There are not too many Korean resturants around this area. This resturant has "cook your own" Korean barbeque tables for the whole resturant. They serve very generous side dishes,too. Serving is huge. Since pretty much every tables are cooking barbeque in the resturant, don't dress up too much. otherwise, you need to wash the barbeque smelled dress!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Farmington, Connecticut
“Attractive and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Outside there is a rather barren parking lot with a strip of stores where there is a plain large red neon sign for the restaurant. What a surprise inside. On entering you see a huge ornate wooden door with elegant metal fittings. Entrance doors to the right lead to to a large attractive dining room with metal-decorated walls and black laquer tables. We were seated at a large rear booth at a table with the barbque grill in the middle and attended to quickly. We ordered the beef barbque for 4, a sushi roll, and shumai. The last two extra items were excellent, but totally unnecessary. The dinner included huge dish with 4 different types of beef to be cooked at the table, 2 soups, scallion pancakes, a scallion salad, and numerous condiments, including different types of kimchi. There was a huge amount of food, and it was all delicious. We had enough left over for all 4 for us to take home for another meal. As we were cooking, a woman came to give us a clean cooking grill plate three times. The only weak points were that we were given only 4 pieces of lettuce which was not nearly enough for for wrapping the vast amounts of beef. And, the wait staff disappeared half way through the meal so it was difficult to ask for anything more, and, when we did request more lettuce, it didn't come. Also, because of the bbq, one may leave with the smell of cooked food lingering on clothing and hair. However, it was a delicious dinner, a great experience, and economical for the amount of food. If one wants, there are also other dinners, like soups, and extensive choices of sushi, which are less expensive, We are looking forward to returning and trying something different. We went early so didn't need reservations, but the place got full so they may be a a good idea, if they take them.

• Visited March 2014
Hamden, Connecticut
“Can't wait to go back!!! Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We sat in one of the private rooms because there was7 of us. The service was great and the food was so FRESH and tasty. Every table gets 14 side dishes and they were excellent!

• Visited March 2014
New London, Connecticut, United States
“Outstanding Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at the Seoul BBQ and Sushi Restaurant on February 23, 2014. We arrived around 5:30 PM, and the restaurant was at half capacity. We were promptly seated and given a menu. The menu contains an extensive selection of Korean dishes at prices a tad above average. I decided to have the broiled salmon with brown rice, but my waiter told me it was not available. As a substitute I ordered beef chapchae, which is a stir fry of potato noodles, beef, and vegetables. My wife ordered bibimbap, and we also ordered kimchi as an appetizer. We liked our waiter, because he explained many of the items on the menu. In addition, he repeated the order after you gave it to him. In this way, no mistakes were made. Prior to receiving our main meals, our waiter immediately brought us 15 small side dishes of small appetizers. The dishes included seaweed salad, potato salad, beans, etc. Most of these small appetizers were very tasty, although my wife found a few of them inedible. The service was outstanding, as we received our main meals within 10 minutes after receiving the small appetizers. My wife and I loved the kimchi, as it was very favorable, although somewhat greasy. My chapchae had a lot of flavor, although it was salty. The portion was plentiful. My wife also enjoyed her bibimbap, and she required a dogie bag. In summary, my wife and I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for Korean food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ct
“First Visit a Smash Hit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

So my daughter is going to S. Korean for a month for graduate work and her class requires her to go to a Korean restaurant.
She asked us to join her....well we said sure right away. We love trying new cuisines and did we find a new one to go back to.
We live an hour away and my daughter about 45 minutes. We met at the restaurant and were greeted and seated right away.
What can I say...everything was wonderful. Attentive service, delicious food and a new cuisine to go back to and try something else.
We had BBQ Combination A. We had asked what they suggested for people who had never had Korean BBQ. It was a great introduction to the food.
We had all kinds of food. 13 sides, 2 soups, a huge meat tray, where we could cook our meat on the hibachi grill in the middle of the table. One of our soups tasted as if it was burned, so we asked the waiter if this is the way it was suppose to be and he said no and immediately took it back to the kitchen and brought us a new bowl. It was yummy. So glad we asked.
We had meat left over that we cooked and they packed up for us.
So we look forward to our next visit and my daughter is in for a cuisine treat when she gets to S. Korea.

ps they have a beautiful ladies room and on my way back to my table I saw that they have private rooms for guests!! Could have a nice dinner party by yourself and friends and not disturb the other patrons

• Visited February 2014