“Good Food in a Noisy Room” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 82 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Bar scene
Norwich, Connecticut
“Good Food in a Noisy Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Overly noisy at dinner. When we have ate here, the food at dinner is always good service has been average but it is always noisy. You get a large crowd in the bar area which almost spills over into the dining area.

The portions are all good sized and we order from the tapas style menu. Expect good food decent service but a noisy atmosphere, it is certainly not a romantic spot.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Maine
“a Mystic Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We wandered in without a reservation on the 27th and were promptly seated. Kudos to the front of the house for managing a busy Friday night crowd. Mariana was our server and she did an excellent job. We ordered a few appetizers to go with our drinks and were honestly surprised at the portions. The NE clam chowder was good as well as the fig pizza. The calamari bites were excellent and so were the mini burgers. Total with drinks was just under $60, which seemed pretty reasonable. Good food, nice atmosphere, excellent service, and value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Delicious seafood @ great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as we were walking around Mystic by the drawbridge. Small restaurant but thwur food was delicious. I hughly recommend the lobster mac & cheese for $17 which had the largest pieces of lobster I've ever seen in a dish. Their bread and oil were winderful. Service was decent wniugh. Prices were very reasonable especially their risotto & scallop special that was $10. They had a wide variety of dishes. I would go back here if ever in Mystic again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I will give it to Azu. I've been here 2-3 times for drinks and apps at lunch time over the years and I always loved it. Salmon chips are amazing.

However, went here for dinner a few Fridays ago (SP Oyster House was booked) and it was not pleasant. I must be getting old because the noise drove me crazy. There were 7 of us (one of which was my 4 year old...more on that) and none of us could hear one another. Literally had to yell to one another and to the waiter when ordering food. They have a great happy hour deal from 4-6 and based on the volume of noise, people were loaded by the time we got there at 7.

As for bringing the kids....Way too much hustle and bustle for a toddler. The big indication that they don't want kids here is that there is NO KIDS MENU. Shame on us for thinking that this wouldn't be an issue. However, as I said, I've only been for lunch and (no pun intended) the difference between lunch and dinner is night and day.

As for the food. Eggplant tower app is awesome as are the grilled pizzas. I had the salmon entree and will say t was cooked to perfection. Can't speak for everyone else.

Sadly to say, this will be my last stop at Azu. However, don't take it from a 35 year old with a 4 year old in tow. If you like that scene, as I did n the past, you should give Azu a try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Jose, California
“Good place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had dinner here once during our one week stay in Mystic. The food was very good, the waitress attentive, the place was crowded, the atmosphere was nice, yes...I would go back to this one.

Visited August 2013