“Get away weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Mystic

You added Inn at Mystic to your Saves list
Inn at Mystic
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Williams Avenue, Junction of Routes 1 & 27, Mystic, CT 06355   |
Special Rate
***** $89 Room Rates*****
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
“Get away weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

What a great place! Came up from NYC to get away and found so much more than we expected. The hotel and staff were first rate. Our room had a fireplace, jacuzzi, and very nice king size bed. All recently re-done. We will be back without a doubt.

Didn't get a chance to eat here because of previous plans but wish we had. The bar and live entertainment were a lot of fun with good prices.

There is no better view in the area!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Inn at Mystic this past weekend just before the holidays. We usually stay in Manhattan, but this time, we wanted to stay somewhere nice and quiet. I have to say, it is one of the most romantic places I have ever stayed in. The hotel is situated on top of the hill overlooking the Mystic River. The area is very quiet and relaxing. Such a perfect getaway for us, as we are both from the city. The room was cozy, with a huge king bed, a fireplace and a jacuzzi. It felt like we stayed in a beautiful cabin instead of a hotel. We had the most beautiful view of the Mystic River outside of our room. The front desk agents were very professional and attentive. The restaurant is located within steps of the hotel. The menu looked delicious and the drinks were phenomenal. We stopped in on Friday evening to see the restaurant and the place was pretty busy. I love the nautical decor, the romantic lighting, dark wood tables and chairs, a newly renovated bar with almost 20 different tap beers, and even a classic brick oven. We were told that there was a band playing the next night, so we returned on Saturday evening. The bar area was packed, people were dancing and singing along with the band, most of whom were locals and regular customers and some were even hotel guests! We had such a great time! I have to say that I had the best weekend ever! I will definitely stay again at the Inn at Mystic on my next visit to Connecticut!

Room Tip: We were informed that there were 20 rooms with a fireplace and jacuzzi. So I would make sure to requ...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Took a spontaneous trip up the coast. Drove passed the inn and they had a vacancy. Best decision we made the whole trip! Beautiful grounds, very nice rooms, and wonderful view. Stayed an extra night and the entire staff went above and beyond to make it a memorable experience. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came for couple of days in November. 2 h drive approximately from NYC. Very cozy and clean rooms. 2 options for fire place. Lovely restaurant with good food ( mussels are amazing ). I bet summer time is even better. Activities like hiking, sail boat or canoe ! We walked through the town, visited famous mystic pizza and few thrift shops. Good thing about it is that everything is on a walking distance and a lot of restaurants to choose from.

Friendly staff and good prices. You can't go wrong with this place either with friends or couples retreat.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Did a last minute Groupon for the Inn at Mystic. Great little Seaport area. the Inn is really more like a series of motels, and the rooms are more like lodge motel rooms, but very nice. The linens and beds are comfortable. There was a big whirlpool tub, and real fireplace (just they need to cut the wood smaller). Beautiful views from the Restaurant Bar, and that has a fireplace as well. Our room 212 was very nice and had a balcony, you can see the bay, but your right over the parking lot. Best rooms are, I believe 248-25?, great view and they are over the tennis courts, more private.Anyway great location, central to town.
The people at the front desk and in the restaurant were very nice and accommodating. "T" was very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies over the tennis courts are more private
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Maspeth, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the inn At Mystic for at least 15 years now and we have made it a yearly event, usually during fall foliage time. during 2014 we stayed at the in during September due to our busy schedules and for the first time in 15 years I found our stay disappointing.

When first arrived they put us in a room in another section of the hotel that we never stayed in. No problem until I opened the door to the hallway that lead to the room. There was a smell that immediately hit me in the hallway and that smell was still there when we went into the room. It was a musty smell, as though the rugs had not been cleaned for a while. We immediately asked for another room and were moved to another room. This room was only slightly better and the mystery of the room presented itself over the next few days of our stay.

First of the phone in the room was disconnected from the wall and I could not figure out how to reconnect it (and I consider myself a tech savvy person). The following morning when I woke up and opened the front window curtains, I found two big holes on both sides of the windows. We called the front desk and they said that they would take care of the problem. Why there were two holes in the wall on either side of the front window was beyond my reasoning.

Finally in both the shower and the whirlpool I found sections on mold in both areas and a smell of burnt wood from the fireplace that did not go away. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in the condition of the room in this areas and along with the condition of the other room that we were first given to stay in, my overall belief in the Inn at Mystic dropped several points.

My wife and I will not stay at the Inn at Mystic for a while. I do not know when we will be back, maybe in a year or two. My thinking on the condition of the rooms was that the housekeepers along with the management ignored the issues, which they can not do. As people who want to stay a hotel, the public expects and demands that each room be completely clean and smell free.

I hope that the Inn at Mystic reads this review and makes some changes. If even one customer is not happy with the condition of the room then the room she be fixed and clean and made presentable again. My wife and I will take a pass on the Inn for the next year or two and we hope the Inn will concentrate on improving the condition of their rooms. I hope so. At one time staying at the Inn at Mystic was a magical place to stay. I hope that they can get back to that stage once again

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Yantic, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Visited The Inn at Mystic sitting high on the hill behind the Harbor House restaurant and the former Motel building that is being renovated/updated by the new owners. A rainy New England afternoon was the setting for an intimate evening to celebrate my Wife's birthday, and it was a very pleasant experience. Upon arrival we were quickly greeted by a friendly staff and in the blink of an eye we were checked in and directed to the quaint old Mansion 200 yards behind the Harbor house restaurant. You enter over the covered porch to find a beautiful sitting room to the right of the wide open and Grand stairway that leads to the rooms on the 2nd floor. A birthday party was to be catered later in the in the attached seasonal room this evening and I thought for a moment that it would be a noise problem, It was not and we barely noticed the fairly large crowd that were in attendance. The room was dated yet appropriate for the setting, old like a pair of comfortable shoes even. Two winged back chairs,table and restored wardrobe along with a number of period books stacked on the built-in bookcase provided a nice backdrop to the panoramic water view around the shoreside of Enders Island and distant views of Masons Island. Did I say comfortable? An old New England Mansion with the charm of yesteryear is what you will find here if you want a nice view, read a book, or perhaps kayak in the adjacent inlet that leads to the Mystic river. A nice setting for a wedding no doubt but a warm sweater and comfortable clothes were in order this weekend.We chose to enjoy the Harbor House restaurant that evening for a quiet and cozy dinner without having to turn a car key and as always, were not disappointed. We enjoyed the service that Tim provided and returned the following morning with our complimentary voucher to enjoy an excellent brunch type of breakfast that allows you to order from the menu and receive a discount on the meal,We will return to the Inn for another quiet getaway weekend as soon as time allows-

Room Tip: The Mansion provides rooms with an outdoor shared porch/deck off the 2nd floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Mystic? Share your experiences!