“Yearly Conference, would use again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Southington, United States
“Yearly Conference, would use again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Overall experience was very good, had some mold around air conditioner in one room but it had been covered until it is repaired. The restaurant was closed for dinner but probably due to the time of year. Watch the pool deck, very slippery. Would hold a conference there again all were satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CesarP925, Director Of Rooms at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Mark A,

I thank you for taking the time and filling out a review on Trip Adviser. After reading your feedback we have fixed the issue in your guestroom with the A/C unit and the areas surrounding it. As far as dinner at the hotel we do have our Soundings restaurant which is open for dinner every night at 5pm till 10pm. I am not sure if you have tried visiting it before or after those times however dinner certainly is available at the hotel. Overall I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and I certainly hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Fairfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Friends daughter was married nearby, stayed here for an overnight. Nice hotel, convenient to Mystic, and surrounding area. Common areas in hotel needed vacuuming, and some cleaning attention, but otherwise it served the purpose well.

David C,

Please know that we take all feedback very seriously and your recent comments have been shared with the housekeeping staff. Certainly staffing adjustments will be made in order to prevent comments such as this. I am happy to see that you enjoyed staying at our property overall and we appreciate your honest feedback.
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'm a property manager in the hotel industry and spent two nights at the Hilton Mystic for a wedding. The staff of the building were all extraordinary and a genuine pleasure to be around. At check-in I met a young lady who was training. Despite being unsure of the technical details of the check-in she was warm and welcoming. She kept a smile on her face and set the tone for a great stay.

Since I was in town for a wedding, the staff members I interacted with most were Shannon, Brian & Pete in the Lounge. When we were checking out on Saturday morning, everyone who joined us after the reception made note of how great each of them were. As a manager in the industry I felt lucky to be on the receiving end of such wonderful service.

Additionally every conversation I had with Devin at the Front Desk was perfect, he has a natural conversational demeanor that is a credit to your property. The staff at Breakfast were also warm and friendly. Across the building, I didn't have a single interaction that wasn't reassuring. Thank you, sincerely.

Will D,

As I was reviewing the feedback that our guests give us on Trip Adviser I was delighted to read your review on the Hilton Mystic and the wonderful staff that we have here. Every one of our employees truly cares about the satisfaction of our guests and as I shared your review with the staff members everyone was overjoyed to read your praises of them. I thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip Adviser and certainly look forward to your next visit with us.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding. The wedding was not at the hotel, but was a stone's throw from it. I stayed for 2 days.

There was a lot of good and a few not so good.

The rooms were spacious. Beds comfortable. Staff from the desk to the waitstaff in the bar and restaurant to the housecleaning were friendly and helpful. I did not pass one of them that did not ask how I was doing. For those that exercise, the equipment is great and numerous.

Downside- bathroom was small. No in room refrigerator. Drinks from the hotel machines were overpriced.

I ate in the hotel restaurant both mornings. The first morning, I got the buffet. It was typical hotel fare that you would expect at most hotels. It wasn't very good. There was nothing on it that made it anything special to justify the nearly $14 cost. Day 2, I ordered off the menu. Big difference. The eggs were cooked perfectly. Bacon cooked well. Pancakes great. No complaints. Both days, staff was great.

On night 1, my group spent a good amount of the evening in the bar. Staff was great, friendly, and helpful. Prices in accordance with what you got. Plenty of tvs to watch and a great music system.

Rooms were quiet and tv in room was huge with a bunch of selection.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor past the conference rooms. Rooms are large and very quiet. Also it is near the...
David H,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Trip adviser about your recent stay at the Hilton Mystic. In reading your comments I was very happy to see that all staff members in the hotel provided with the type of service that you would expect from a Hilton hotel. As you already know we do have spacious rooms, a great location and wonderful staff.
Please know that the feedback you have given us about the breakfast buffet has been passed on to our Food and Beverage department so they can see what type of feedback they are receiving to better satisfy our guests. I thank you again for your feedback and hope you will come and see us again.
Flemington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

accommodations for the wedding at Mystic at the Hilton were very nice and the location was perfect. I loved that we were so close to the mystic village for the following day too. The hotel was very clean and updated and I can see us returning with the rest of our family for a weekend family trip at another time when we can spend more time there and enjoy all that Mystic has to offer

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CesarP925, Director Of Rooms at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Andrew G,

I thank you very much for letting us know via Trip Adviser that your stay was very enjoyable. We certainly do have a great location just minutes away from downtown and right across the street from the Mystic Aquarium. I have gone ahead and shared your positive comments with our housekeeping staff and they certainly appreciate knowing that all their hard work turned into a great stay experience for yourself. I hope that you will come and see us again in the future and thank you again for your very kind feedback.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just got back from a nice weekend in Mystic and wanted to do my reviews before I forget anything. We stayed 1 night at the Hilton Mystic. Location was perfect- right across from Old Mystic Village and the aquarium. Check in was quick and smooth despite the fact that there were many guests from 2 weddings checking in at the same time. After reading the reviews on TA, I asked if our room had been recently redone. I was told it had been recently deep cleaned. We went up to the 3rd floor. The rug in the hallways was very bubbled and definitely a liability. Our room was nice but definitely in need of some refurbishment. The bed was comfy. We used the pool and the pool area was nicely maintained and the water was warm. A fridge in the room would be a nice addition as we really wanted to buy some things at the shops that needed to be refrigerated. They provided us with a free breakfast, which really left a lot to be desired (my only real complaint, but it was free…). I would stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MommyQuinn,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent feedback with us on Trip Advisor. As I read through your review I completely understand the hotel does need work and upgrading. We here at the hotel have a list of items that we will be focusing on to improve areas of the hotel and the first item is the hallway carpets. We are planning on having this issue fixed in the very near future and there will be some items in the room as well which will receive some upgrades. I am very happy to know that you would return and stay with us again as I hope on your next stay you will see the areas of improvement that we make. I thank you very much for your honest feedback and look forward to seeing you at the hotel again.
Northern VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My room had the noisiest HVAC unit ever, it kicked on and off every 7 minutes and was VERY noisy and vibrating. Kept me up all night. I let the front desk staff know when I checked out and she asked me if it needed to be replaced. I'm not an HVAC professional and even if I was I am a guest, not a vendor, so I can't figure out why she asked me that. She did thank me for letting her know but never apologized or acted compassionate that I received zero sleep the night before. The hotel itself is in poor shape, peeling wall paper, crown molding falling off ceiling, stains on walls, carpet is bunched and a trip hazard, etc. Bummer of a stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Penny1818,

As I was reading your comments I am very sorry that you did not receive the good night sleep that you needed during your stay. I have had the maintenance team go into the room you were in and fix the issue with the noise on that HVAC unit. In addition I have spoken to the front desk agent that interacted with you and addressed the issue that a proper apology was certainly due to you in the least. I am truly sorry again for the inconvenience you had at our hotel but hope you will give us another try so we can show you what staying at the Hilton Mystic is all about.

Been to Hilton Mystic? Share your experiences!