“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Hotel is just ok. The pool is pretty small and isn't heated. There would not be enough space for 4 or 5 people to use the pool if people swam laps. The pool deck is nice as is the furniture and it is good that it indoors. The hotel is set up rather strangely. The rooms are very far from the elevator, I counted 6 hallways from the elevator to my room. The rooms are okay on space although less spacious than other Hiltons. The bathroom is very tiny and sort of awkwardly laid out. The room is clean but is obviously old. Parking is sprawling- it surrounds the hotel but that also means you have a far walk back to the lobby if you don't get a space close to the front. Check in was quick and friendly as was checkout.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with valuble feedback for our hotel. I am happy to see that our location was convenient for you. I am glad you made good use of the pool. We will be rennovationg soon, so please come back and see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We booked this room on Priceline for $98 for the night. For the price, it was a great deal. The regular rate was about $185 for the night and not worth the money. The location is great, the employees are nice, and the hotel is clean, but not up to the star rating they receive. The hotel is beginning to show its age, but still very nice. Also, the gym is a bit small. It 's located accross from the Mystic Aquarium and some walking shops. The hotel and area offer many different and decent eating choices. Again, I would recommend the hotel if the price is right.

Room Tip: Bid for the price on Priceline
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on our hotel. I am happy to see you found our location to be convenient. You mentioned in your review that the hotel is showing age, I am happy to inform you that we will soon be rennovationg. Please come back and see us soon.
Warwick, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Thank you. We had a nice time here. Please provide a spray for the weight room to spray equiptment down after exercising. Also use some carpet fresh on the first floor, the hallway did not smell very clean. The people were friendly and we also had a refrigerator delivered the first day for our convenience. The area is full of things to do and it was easy to find. The bathroom could have been bigger, but over all we enjoyed our stay, very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again soon.
n va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I travel extensively. My world is usually 70 degrees and beige and revolves around airports, rental cars, a comfortable bed and room service. This is a solid property, not outstanding in any area (with the exception of the fries) yet very capable in all. Staff were helpful and well trained and supervised, room well appointed and clean, and the kitchen was better than average. It is worth the extra $30 to avoid nasty surprises.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to see that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to tell our kitchen staff about how much you liked the fries. We hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The room was spacious. The early morning departures were heard clearly from the halls into the rooms. Very clean and accommodating. The shop was expensive as well and only carried Pepsi products which was a huge disappointment to the coke a cola fan I am. I would recommend, if you bring ear plugs and don't mind spending 200 + per night.

• Stayed July 2011
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuble feedback of our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed yourself during your time here. We hope to see you again should your travels take you to Mystic in the future.
Madison, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed in a king sized bedroom for 270/ night w tax.

location:
The hotel is right across from old mystic village. You can literally walk there and to the aquarium. There are also restaurants you can walk to like: Go Fish, Ten Clams and Bleu Squid. You need to drive to go to seaport and downtown but both are really close.
Room:
Everything was clean. I always check bed and bathroom when I check in. All seemed clean. But the next day we found a bug crawling on the bedsheets! Yuck!!!!!
Room looked like they did a faux renovation. Added granite on top of old bathroom counters. Added crownmolding but the ceiling has visible water damage! What?! Hilton can't afford to properly fix that. And the comments about the carpet are true! Disgusting - full of stains! Rip them out!!!!
Overall, I just don't think for almost 300/night a room should look like this one did!

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with valuble feedback of our hotel. I am happy to see that you find our location to be convenient. I am happy to inform you that we will be doing major rennovations in the near future. We hope to see you back should you return to the area.
Goshen, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times when doing business in Eastern CT. My only complaint is that in all the times that I've stayed there, I have only received a room upgrade once. Being a diamond member, this is usually automatic. But not at this hotel. However, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit small but functional. The breakfast buffet is very good with a wide selection of choices. The only choice for dinner at this hotel is in the bar area. I made the mistake of eating there on a previous business trip and chose not to do so this time. With my corporate rate, the Hilton gives me the best value in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am happy that we are able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay while you are away on business. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again sometime soon.

Been to Hilton Mystic? Share your experiences!