“Overpriced even on Hotwire” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Whitehall Ave., Mystic, CT 06355   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Boston, MA
“Overpriced even on Hotwire”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Supply and demand would negate the price vs quality for this place. If I am paying over a certain amount for lodging then there are certain but minimum requirements. Let's just say the bathroom was not cleaned thoroughly and cleanliness in a hotel, motel or someone's home stems from here. Perhaps my party was not given a recently updated room because we booked through Hotwire at a"negotiated discount" but quite disappointed based on the price paid which was well over $100. The staff was very friendly upon check-in. I need to emphasize.... Supply and demand.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very nice updated but older motel. Room was quiet and comfortable and the cost reasonable. Desk person was pleasant and helpful. Continental breakfast was good except for waffle which was somehow very chewy. Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pepperell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not only are there new pillow top mattress, this hotel has all new flat screen TV's,new ownership. I stayed here several years back, not good...but I must say the improvements are showing. There outdoor pool is huge, 4' to 10' in depth which is very nice if there are several little children, there not coming out to far, sun on pool all day. Went in yesterday and it was cool but not bD after being at the beach where the water temps are still 54 degrees. The hotel is old and still needs a lot of work, but if your looking for a good rate and nice bed book here, close to rt.95 and rt.1 Rhode Island beaches, New London just over bridge. I love the Mystic area and this will be one of my new summer stays, yesterday's rate for seniors was only $50.00 great buy.

Room Tip: They do give a little breakfast, but I recommend finding another spot, like the Shack in Groton, Ct...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Canton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Before starting to write this review, I had a look at the first three or four. I had to shake my head at how different guests at the same motel can have such widely divergent experiences. Why I wondered? I'm not sure, but perhaps this is it? I read the negative reviews on Tripadvisor and called the Days Inn reservations line directly instead of booking it completely online. I itemized what I expected: no mold, no smokey odor, not in the wing where pets are allowed. When I checked in, the clerk was very correct, read back to me my wishes, and I got exactly what I wanted and had asked for. The room looked neat, clean and-- as the desk clerk had mentioned-- had been recently renovated. The bed linens were clean, the four pillows comfortable, and there was little noise in the hallway. If you need a negative, the room coffee maker pot was MIA, but I had my coffee in the restaurant. The latter was average for an economy motel, which is to say mediocre. But to her credit, the employee there was nice enough to let me in even though I had shown up ten minutes early and she wasn't finished her setting up. Bottom line, I found it a very good value for what I was seeking and the little extra touches of service earned that fourth star. Ask and ye shall receive?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn

Address: 55 Whitehall Ave., Mystic, CT 06355
Location: United States > Connecticut > Mystic
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn 2*
All new beds!! Each room features either 1 King size bed or 2 Queen size beds, with the exception of our six handicap accessible rooms which have one Queen size bed. We now provide a microwave and refrigerator in every room! Also, in case you forget it, we do provide toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, combs, and even mending kits. They are free of charge, and available upon request at the front desk. We now have flat screen televisions in every room with a new cable package that features more than eighty channels ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Hotel Mystic
Days Inn Mystic
Mystic Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.