“Good for the money spent” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 82 Restaurants in Mystic
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: A family-friendly restaurant where all dishes are priced under ten dollars (clams). Open year round, enjoy indoor dining or, in season, our take-out window, ice cream and outside courtyard!Join us for delicious burgers, hot or cold lobster rolls, fish and chips, chowder and all your favorite ice-cream & desserts, all for under ten dollars.
NYC
“Good for the money spent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Nothing is pricy in this restaurant. it's a very decent restaurant when you are on a budget or with a large group for lunch. We ordered the lobster roll, clam chowder, onion rings and fish. As expected for its prices, the lobster roll doesn't have big chunks nor much of lobster. The salmon is not fresh at all. The clam chowder isn't the same also. I guess you get what you pay for. Overall, the meal is still considered great value with average flavors/taste.
If you enjoy great food at no budget, this is not the place for you. You should spend 60% more and go to S & P Oyster Company.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

westchester,new york
“Grease Pit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

My wife and I were in Mystic for our 1 year anniversary and I 'am always in charge of picking where we go to eat so I research restaurants online. I don't understand how this restaurant could be rated #1 in the Mystic area it was one step up from one of those fried clam shacks on the side of the road only diffrence is it was under a roof. I had the New England clam chowder and these things called clam fritters I would call them fried tennis balls becuase that is what they tasted like. 90% of the menu is fried food I think if you gave them the menu they would have fried that for you to. Not a place for dinner in the restaurants defense the fried clam strips were good but thats about it. It is in walking distance to Olde Mystic Village and I guess it would be ok if you want a quick snack or if you had kids they would like it but absolutley not a place to take your significant other for dinner.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
long island
“An underrated gem thats well worth the $$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Initially I was skeptical of ten clams. But on one visit to olde mistick village I didnt want mcdonalds and didnt feel like going to the steak loft either.

Ten clams means that no menu item costs more than 10 dollars,maximum.

My meal of lobster salad sandwhich,french fries and diet coke cost me around $17-$18 with tax and tip.

I highly recommend Ten Clams.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jersey City, NJ
“Good food for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We were very happy with the food and the value for the price. Everything was under $10 and it was worth it. The Lobster Roll was delicious and was the Clam strips. A great place to have a good cheap lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bergen County, NJ
“Should be #1 place in Mystic- far better than expensive eateries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This was everything you Trip advisor guys said it would be, and was our cheapest and best dining experience in Mystic- even better than Bravo, Bravo and S&P Oyster... It is perfectly clean- which always delights me! The menu was good, we had great lobster rolls and the onion rings were served piping hot alongside the coleslaw and great milkshakes which were both perfectly chilled. Everything about it says well-managed. The ambiance is like a Friendly's and it was a little tough to find in the shops, but if I lived in Mystic, I would be a regular here. Well done!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere