“Ice Cream for Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Ice Cream for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

On our trek down the New England coast, one of the stops we anticipated making was Mystic, CT. We found ourselves there mid Sunday morning just as the shops were opening. Thankfully we were able to find parking easily right in the center of all the action, so we walked the streets visiting what piqued our fancies. And of course, no visit to a toursit destination is complete without visiting an historic ice cream shop. And even though it was still breakfast time, nothing was going to stop us from sampling the famous ice cream from this shop. The ice cream was fresh and tasty, portions were ok for the price, and service was friendly and prompt. Even though it's not really on the top of our list for the best ice cream anywhere, it was still worth trying and would be stop upon any return visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mattpoisett, MA
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The variety of sandwich options at lunchtime is great, and they pay attention to details if you want something special. We happened to be there while the bridge opened, which was interesting too. The whole restaurant emptied out, and folks watched and took photos as the old bridge opened for a single sailboat to pass.

Later that evening, we stopped in again, and had a wonderful coffee and tea. They steamed some almond milk with the tea for my wife, with a shot of vanilla. She loved the service.

Visited May 2014
Central PA
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

After doing dinner at mystic pizza up the street, we decided to wander. Boy, am I glad we ended up here. We thought the line was long (until we saw it the next day), so we wondered why everyone would wait. We found out. The ice cream was Fantastic. My only complaint was we all got a single scoop, but mine was half the size of my daughter's! I did not complain to the staff, but I did notice. We got chocolate, vanilla, cookie dough, Oreo, and a caramel sea salt. All were yummo! Some reviews complain about the price, but to be honest, in a tourist town, this is to be expected. It wasn't more pricey than any other place geared towards visitors. We liked it so much, we tried to go back the next day, but the line was down the street! Recommend

Lynbrook, New York
“Should have had the ice ceam”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Heard good things about the place but it was way too early in the morning for ice cream.
Instead asked for hot chocolate and a brownie for my sister. $6+ and her brownie was hard as a rock.
Don't believe the sign "we make our things fresh everyday"! The girl giving me the hot chocolate, was so unfriendly,
did not say a word to me when I asked for it. On top of that my $2.95 drink had whipped cream on top, covering
the less than half cup of beverage. If my elderly mother and sister were not with me I would have made a stink.
Your girls that serve need manners and should be grateful for customers, not resentful of the tourists.
Cant imagine a joint like that ever making it elsewise. It is dirty on top of it. Never again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Scenic view while enjoying ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Good old style ice cream. I must say their sandwiches were actually better than their ice cream. The cashiers were younger people, not too friendly. The service was fast.
Overall good , but we've had better ice cream.