“Not my first choice” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
“Not my first choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Was here for three nights. The room was nice and big. The carpet was very stained in my room. The carpet in the halls was not vacuumed by the edges, it looked very dusty. I don't think they really wiped down my bathroom counter, I could still feel stuff on it. The ac/heater only produced cold air even when I turned it up to 80. Luckily the weather was ok and I just turned it off. My door was locked, but did not seem to latch all the way. It would move slightly in the frame when I pushed on it. The front decked was usually unmanned and I saw people there waiting all the time. I did sleep well each night and enjoyed the Mystic area. I feel that a bunch of improvements could be made to make this a much more attractive and pleasant place to stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Cobi S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am glad that you found our room accommodations good enough for your needs. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the bathroom and air conditioning issues you experienced.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is right off 95, very clean, friendly staff, nice pool, beautiful, quiet rooms! what more can i say? it was just perfect- i wish there was an outdoor pool, but the indoor one was small but clean. it was a beautiful area with plenty to do. cute little shops right across the street and close to all activities-

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean, the staff was courteous, location great, bed comfortable and price was reasonable. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Only stayed one night in mystic and I'm glad I stayed here!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greenville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped in Mystic just for one night/day to take our kids to the Aquarium. We didn't make any reservations just happened to stop in and got the last room available! Hotel is in a GREAT location set up on top of a hill which gave a nice view and was close to the aquarium,Mystic village,rest etc. Although the pool was a tad small and seemed to be a little dark in the pool area our kids had a GREAT time swimming. I thought the breakfast buffet was good and it was also an added plus that we saved $32 by purchasing our Aquarium tickets through the hotel instead of the Aquarium itself! We will def go back to Holiday Inn Express if we ever decide to visit Mystic again ;-)

Willowick, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This Hotel is close to everything in Mystic. The lobby and our room was clean. There is a indoor pool which is ok, not very big, but nice. The staff was friendly. We would stay here again if we ever return to Mystic.

Fareham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was visiting from the UK and stayed in two hotels in New England. This one was the more expensive and yet I will remember the other one with more affection.

When booking this hotel I expressed a preference for a quiet room preferably on the top floor. On arrival I was allocated a ground floor room near the laundry and overlooking the rear car park with no explanation of that allocation. For most of the stay this was fine but on Saturday night stamping about upstairs and noise in the corridor continued until about 3am as people returned from their night out. Maybe those people intending to return late should be allocated a particular part of the hotel?

Other key features of the hotel from my point of view were:-

 Great location near the Aquarium and Olde Mistick Village and short drive to the Seaport. Short walk to restaurants.

 Plenty of parking and good rooms. Unlike a previous reviewer I found the bed and pillows very comfortable.

 Complimentary breakfast but not top quality with sometimes tepid coffee and "hot" food. I think the breakfast area could be better laid out.

 The hotel seems to say all rooms non-smoking but I am sure I could smell smoke coming through the air conidtioning at times which was not pleasant.

So, overall whilst a good hotel I don't think it is as well run as it should be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear hampshire27,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post a review of our property. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret you did not enjoy your overall stay with us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Wilton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous. However, hotels are used for sleeping. The pillows are comparable to a few cotton balls stuffed in a bag. The sheets are itchy. The air conditioner in our room went from 60-80 degrees all night. None of us got any sleep because of this. I also got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and cut my foot on a piece of glass stuck in the rug. We had not brought any glass into the room. When I mentioned it to the front desk the next morning, all I got was a smile and a "I'm so sorry." Not happy at all considering the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mystic, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear tanzio,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel and for bringing this matter to our attention. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mystic? Share your experiences!