“Not worth it at all” 1 of 5 stars

(860 ) 536-1216
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 19 attractions in Mystic
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Theaters, Educational Sites, Natural History Museums
Activities: Viewing wildlife
Attraction Details
city, usa
“Not worth it at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

The nature center has very basic animals like toads and turtles. The paths are not maintained and have thorns that you have to push through. There was no guide at all and despite the photos of children netting fish, none were around. I went with two children (5 & 7) the cost was $18 (8 for an adult, 5 each child under 12, no special fee for babies and children 5 and under like everywhere else ). The store had junk bough probably from Oriental Trading and overpriced. There is no food or beverages for sale. I can have a better time at a local park that is free. I am just disappointed I had to give and stars to this. Avoid this one.

Mystic, CT
“Trails are great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

My daughter went to the Nature Center (she is 10) and loved it and would recommend. I personally have only been on the surrounding trails, not in the center itself but I definately recommend the trails as well for a free family excursion.

The trails go around the center, the duck pond, through the meadow and you can choose which ones to take making your hike as long or short as you need. We caught the trails across from the Aquarium. There is an overflow lot and the trail starts at the map. Trails are clearly marked, easy for smaller children to hike on. My youngest is 4 and the only challenge for him was listening!