“Good Food - Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 80 restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Signature Breakfast, Lunch offering fresh local seafood, fresh and seasonal ingredients. Located at the Mystic Marina. Panoramic marine view of The Mystic River. Outdoor patio upper deck dining and inside dining room. As featured in Ct, Gourmet and Yankee Magazines. Chosen Best Breakfast in CT by The Food Network Magazine. Best of Connecticut Magazine's "Best Breakfast with a View" 2012.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good Food - Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was told about this place from some of the locals. Follow the signs, I was going to turn around twice thinking I had passed it, but keep going. Quaint, marina setting and very clean. Staff is very friendly and the breakfast is really good (eggs were wonderful) and reasonably priced!! If you see that it is busy, stay a few minutes - turnaround is pretty quick, but you don't feel rushed. We were there almost every morning while staying in Mystic!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Disappointing. At best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stopped here last week for a late lunch. Even though it was close to 2 pm, the place was rather full. We waited patiently at the door as the 2 servers walked by us several times, neither asking if we would like to be seated. I finally had to stop the young man and asked if he felt it was OK that we stay for lunch.
After close to 15 minutes of waiting, and watching the waitress begin to ask another table, who arrived minutes after we did, I actually raised my hand, as if in school, to get someones attention.
The waitress stopped with the other table and came over, apologizing for ignoring us, and sent the waiter over. I ordered the fish and chips, my wife ordered a cup of their 'famous' Rhode Island Clam Chowder and eggs.
Being New Englander's, born and raised, we both know chowders. All kinds. But this chowder was unlike anything either of us had ever had. I am not sure if it was old, or spoiled or what but it was HORRIBLE. Even the color was off, it looked like mud.
As we sat, we watched the waitress remove cups of this chowder from other tables and apologizing. Telling others she would remove the chowder from their bills. So we were not the only ones that had a problem with the chowder.
But here is where it gets bad----even though at least 5 customers, including my wife, sent the chowder back---THEY STILL CONTINUED TO SERVE IT!!
What, are they hoping that if they keep serving it that maybe someone won't complain??
Scary stuff.
I will say, on a positive note, that my fish and chips were very very good.
But based on the level of service, and the whole chowder incident, I doubt that we would ever go back.
There are too many other great places in the area to choose from.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southern Maryland
“Great Eggs Benedict!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! We sat on the covered porch overlooking the marina and had a great view!

They offer some wonderful variations on the tradition eggs benedict (yes you can get that too) but I tried the avocado & tomato benedict and was very happy with the incredibly fresh taste of the food. Other members of my party tried the traditional benedict and the benedict on the Portuguese english muffin. Both were very happy with the taste of their food. My husband had the omelet with the Portuguese sausage in it and the spicy sauce and loved it!

This place would be high on our list to visit again if we are ever in the area!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mystic, Connecticut
“Cuttest little breakfast place around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a great place to stop and get breakfast, but you better make sure you get there early because there is always a wait and are always tons of people there.

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, MN
“Great seafood; marina setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We understand the restaurant is an old favorite of locals that is in a new location at a marina and also is new to dinner, formerly mainly a lunch place. We had excellent dinners. The setting is nice if there is enough light to see the water and boats, but not too interesting after dark so check sunset times. There is indoor and outdoor (porch type) seating. Seating is a bit close so you may hear a lot of your neighbor's conversations and vice versa. Service was a little under-attentive, which was surprising because the place is very small. Servers tend to hang out inside and need to keep a better eye on the outside diners. For some reason it takes quite a while to get a check and pay, so plan accordingly.

• Visited August 2012