“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Mystic
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Uncasville, Connecticut
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The sushi is awesome! Yes it is a little expensive but definitely worth it. The decor and atmosphere is great. The service is sometimes a a little slow and I feel like sometimes the servers get confused or don't understand fully. The one complaint I had is we ordered a bottle of wine. The girl couldn't get it open after she broke the cork. She left the table I think somewhat embarrassed to go get it open. Im thinking she was going to get a new bottle but she came back with the same one finally opened and proceeds to pour some in my glass to taste..along with all the cork shreds that poured in. I pointed that out and she just got me a new glass rather then offering a new bottle. Other then that experience it is always packed and great! I would suggest making a reso especially on weekends.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Connecticut
“Great Find In Mystic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

A co-worker recommended this restaurant, which I always thought was one of those Chinese take-out places. My wife normally doesn't go for Asian, but my daughter and her boyfriend who were visiting us for Christmas wanted to give it a try. The food and service were excellent. The atmosphere was very nice. Even my wife thoroughly enjoyed her meal. In an area that really doesn't have a lot of good restaurant's, this really was a great find.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Yummmmy sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Their sushi rolls are to die for. I absolutely love them. The specialty rolls are good as well as the average rolls. They also have a really cool loyalty system with a punch card. You absolutely must come here it may be a few bucks extra but it is worth every penny!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Orange, New Jersey
“Don't let appearance fool you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I would drive the 2.5 hours just to eat here. The food is fabulous.We have ordered chinese and sushi and have never been disappointed. Be sure to stop when in Mystic. Don't let the appearance put you off. The value is worth it.Just across from Old Mystic Village in the corner of the strip mall. The first time I saw Johnny's I was skeptical but boy was I wrong.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Collins
“Fantastic sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I found this restaurant wandering through the mini-mall there and we're so happy we stumbled across it. We sat at the sushi bar and enjoyed watching the sushi chefs craft delicious and beautiful rolls, sashimi, and sushi plates for us and others. Good service, awesome food, wonderful ambiance.

Visited October 2013