“Good dinner experience” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Seafood, South American, Grill
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Chef Cobena’s unique style blends perfectly with the traditions of New England fare. He intertwines exotic spices and peppers with the area’s premier selection of seafood, poultry and beef. Relish in our premium selection of oysters spanning the eastern seaboard and the finest cuts of Yellowfin tuna, swordfish and native dayboat cod. Enjoy the juiciest, most flavorful steaks from Arkansas City, Kansas, by a facility designed by Dr. Temple Grandin, world renowned expert on animal welfare. Gluten-free? Enjoy a plethora of options on our special, gluten-free menu; check out our vegan options, too!
New York
“Good dinner experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with dinner at the S&P Oyster. We had made priority seating before arriving and requested a table by the window. We arrived 15 minutes early and they were able to sit us early and near a window. The ambiance is very nice especially looking out at the water. The restaurant is very small, tables are very close to each other where you can hear the other people's conversation. Since we were only two people we did not feel crowded but if we were four it would have been a little crowded. My husband ordered the New England Clam Chowder and he did not like it, he said the Outback has better chowder. I had the lobster bisque and that was very good. My husband wished he had ordered that instead. They serve bread with dipping oil and a raspberry balsamic vinegar which was tasty. For dinner my husband had the seafood ambrosia which he said was delicious. I tried it and it was very good. The ambrosia comes with mashed potatoes and string beans and onions, both were tasty. I ordered the crab cakes, two cakes which aren't that large . They are made with all crab meat but there was no flavor to them. The crab cakes were served with a bean and salsa topping which I had them put on the side, but that didn't add too much flavor to the crab cakes. The white coconut rice that is served with the crab cakes was very good. The prices on the menu were higher than the menu listed on the S&P Oyster website and on Trip Advisor. I thought portions were small and expected more flavor for the price. We did have a specialty drink and although expensive at least you can taste the liquor. I think our server's name was Ali but can't remember. She was very attentive and service was excellent. We did not feel rushed. It was a special night and we enjoyed just sitting there and enjoying the night. I would recommend this restaurant and would say to order the seafood ambrosia.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kilauea, Hawaii, United States
“Best seared tuna east of Honolulu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopped in because of a friends recommendation and were not dissapointed. John our server was very accomodating and friendly. He went out of his way to make sure we had a good experience. All of the appetizers and entrees were lovingly prepared and presented. I really liked the seared yellowfin tuna and scallops wrapped in pancheta. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any seafood lover in the Mystic CT area. I live in Hawaii and am an avid fisherman, so I know fresh seafood and this was some of the best I have had ever. The location was spectacular with views in all directions. Thank you for a memorable meal!

Cape May, New Jersey
“Excellent food, Excellent Service, Excellent View, Just Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Over the past 8 years my wife and I have made numerous trips to New England and have always made Mystic CT and the S&P Oyster Co restaurant one of our stops. The seafood, especially the lobster is amazing. Our most recent trip was in October of 2013, we were not disappointed. The service we received from Milissa and Courtney was exceptional!! The warm lobster roll sandwich was one of the best, just lobster, lobster and more lobster!! The lobster alfredo was excellent as well. Make this one of your stops.

Chatham, Massachusetts
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had the polenta with roasted veggies, and the special of tossed greens and fruit topped with pan seared scallops. Both were just excellent - fresh, tasty, and perfectly prepared. Service was prompt and friendly and informative.

Los Angeles, California
“BANG! This place was 1st rate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Passing thru Mystic, stopped here for dinner, was not disappointed! Location is fantastic with waterfront seating & views (check the pix), food was excellent (also see pix). Would probably eat here once a week if we lived in the area, don't hesitate!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to S & P Oyster Co? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage S & P Oyster Co, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.